The Queen as iPod Silhouette

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Ugg, Nov 2, 2004.

1. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

Her Majesty is visiting Germany today and Süddeutsche Zeitung is spoofing her handbag fetish with the following photo:

Attached Files:

2. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

I've always wondered exactly what she keeps in that bag. Surely aides could carry her stuff around.

3. AmigoMac macrumors 68020

AmigoMac

4. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

The Queen just comes from a era when a lady always carried a handbag. A lady from the greatest generation.

5. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

Anyone here have the skills to animate that image and set it to Vertigo by U2? :D

6. apple2991 macrumors 6502

Please, can't we at least try to forget this whole U2 thing ever happened? That video is just embarrasssing.

7. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Perhaps iMeowbot can create a hoedown with the Queen, complete with earbuds... I see a new avatar contest winner here.

8. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

She must be hiding something in there, because she goes for bags that look suspiciously like the one Felix the Cat used to carry. At the very least there must be a Batphone and some snacks for long boring meetings.

9. jrv3034 macrumors 6502a

She probably has an iPod in there.

10. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

i've seen a handbag/purse/whatever that's a normal handbag/purse/whatever except it has speakers in one side and an ipod compartment in the side that's clear. kinda like an inmotion purse. i wonder if that's what that is?

11. iLikeMyiMac macrumors 6502a

iLikeMyiMac

Here's the best I could do in 5 min.
    [​IMG]

12. EMKoper macrumors regular

EMKoper

The Real Dancers?

Does anyone know who the real dancers are in the iPod videos? Clearly the advertisements are using some of the same people over and over again... this particular dancer seems to be a "regular" and looks likes she is in great shape...

Attached Files:

13. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Well put.

A classy lady carried a proper handbag at all times. Not a stylish purse, but a simple and eloquent handbag

Interesting how times have changed.

Sushi

14. Ugg thread starter macrumors 68000

Ugg

I think it's a generational thing and I'm sure some of it is utilitarian as well. I wonder why she carries such a large bag around though?

It's not interesting that times have changed but that times ALWAYS change. One or two generations of habits does not a tradition make.

15. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Simple. That is what classy ladies did back then.

Sushi

16. JeffTL macrumors 6502a

I imagine that Her Majesty keeps a few tissues, some money, her driver's license, a bottle of aspirin, and perhaps an iPod in there, if she likes that sort of thing. But I'd bet money on there being Kleenex in Queen Elizabeth's purse.

17. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

lmao! i wonder why they say that in the song?

18. AmigoMac macrumors 68020

AmigoMac

1, 2, 3, 14 are some lines in the bible which talk about the devil tempting Jesus... I read that somedays ago.

19. spasticmutant macrumors member

I remember reading an article somewhere about this - they said the Queen keeps gloves in it. Lots and lots of pairs of gloves. She is constantly shaking hands with the public. This way she can meet and greet without getting a cold every week.

Anne Marie

20. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

I remember reading that she uses her handbag as a way of signaling to her ladies-in-waiting. Depending on which area of which arm the bag is hanging, they know if she's happy talking to whoever she's talking to, or whether she needs rescuing. A faithful retainer can then usher her away to someone more interesting, without causing embarrassment.

Also, as well as the usual mints and pics of the grandkids, apparently she also carries a large meathook in there. When she's at a dinner, she uses the hook to hang her bag off the table so she can get to its contents without bending over in an unseemly way.

No self-respecting head of state should leave home without one.

21. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

I bet she has a crowd taser just in case someone gets a little too close. She is pretty cool in my opinion they don't make em like they used to. After Charles takes over I wonder where England's monarchy will be headed.

22. BrianKonarsMac macrumors 65816

you do realize they are skipping Charles right? :rolleyes:

23. kiwi_the_iwik macrumors 65816

kiwi_the_iwik

She uses her handbag for one MAIN reason:

In case her hubby gets out of line...!

Attached Files:

24. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Lucky she doesn't have to go through airport security on state visits then. :eek: Assuming the Queen is not considered a terrorist threat!

25. KrysBaz macrumors member

All Ladies in (Little) Britain carry Handbags of a fair size, it's the way of the Lady !

Attached Files: