The real number of GIs "wounded" in Iraq

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Ugg, Sep 13, 2003.

1. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

Link

I find it very disturbing that a soldier can only be wounded if he was involved in a death. That is truly sick and twisted and another sign of the massive disinformation campaign being carried out by the Pentagon and the WH. One wonders how this will affect a soldier's pay, Nope, even though you are missing an arm and a leg, we cannot consider you wounded..... Is this effed up or what?

2. Pinto macrumors newbie

It's all about not letting the public know what's really going on.

If the US is having a hard time, what about the Iraqis themselves.

Iraqi deaths from gunshot wounds are running at about 1000 per week at the moment. Many are from looting, revenge killings and people being shot by the US army at check points. It's a bit hard to know how many are being killed by the US daily as they only report to the media events that involve US deaths.

The Iraqis don't count.

3. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Having served, I can tell you this is a BS story.

Wounded is wounded, and KIA is KIA. Now, they may not report to the media, but that is not true. Look daily. 10 troops wounded, 1 killed etc.

Everything in life isn't a coverup.

4. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Not everything in life is honest and crystal clear, either. Need I remind you, two presidents made a concerted effort to mislead the American people about what was going on in Vietnam. They calculated that it would all work out in the end, and that their lies would be vindicated by victory.

I can't say with absolute certainty that this story is completely correct; but neither can you say with any authority that it is not.

5. Ugg thread starter macrumors 68000

Ugg

link

LINK

The following article discusses the same issue and tells of the overflowing military hospitals. It also has a graph of the wounded.

WA Post article

Why would the number of wounded be classified? It sounds as though the Pentagon along with gw & co. wants to pull the wool over our eyes yet again.