The real question about santa rosa is...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by juanster, Mar 17, 2007.

1. juanster macrumors 68020

juanster

Okay, i have been searching but either i suck at it or really i could not find any info about this. If let's say santa rosa was to be announced in mid-may when would it be released and start shipping? I am new with apple products, don't even have my first mac yet, but this will help me decide when to get it. Iwas thinkinkg i will just wait until santa rosa comes out and most likely just get it with leopard and iLife 07 i don't absolutely need it right now, but i will by mid june, i start school in may but i think i can do a month or so without a laptop. What is the story with macs? is it going to be like the iPhone? here is this great thing but YOU CAN NOT HAVE IT for another 6 months.... or are macs usually announced and released right away? what happened with MB and MBP? if this question has already been answered somewhere else sorry....

2. psycoswimmer macrumors 65816

psycoswimmer

I'd wait until Santa Rosa. If you haven't or want to read about it again, go here. For me, I'm waiting for Montevina. :)

3. juanster thread starter macrumors 68020

juanster

Thx for the info by the way hadn't read that, and Montevina sounds craaaazy...

I can wait 2 or 3 months but not 6...does apple usually make their customers wait for a long time after they announce new hardware? how long for shipping usually for new hardware? is there pre-orders and all that?

4. BigPrince macrumors 68020

we only have one example to go by, and now everyone assumes we will wait ages...

5. psycoswimmer macrumors 65816

psycoswimmer

I don't need a laptop until June 2008 so that's why I'm waiting. :)

Santa Rosa will most probably be out in 3 months, maybe less. For hardware like MBs and iMacs, shipping usually starts immediately. When I ordered my refurb iMac, it shipped in 24 hours. I don't think that there will be pre-orders, as it usually starts shipping the day it's announced.

6. juanster thread starter macrumors 68020

juanster

oh mannnnnnnnnnn,, that s not gooooooodd....hahah

7. juanster thread starter macrumors 68020

juanster

eveybody agrees with this?

if so that is absoluetly good news... I CAN WAIT 3 months absolutely so happy to hear shipping start the day it's announced...

8. juanster thread starter macrumors 68020

juanster

9. Multimedia macrumors 603

Multimedia

June 11 SteveNote Releases Mobile Santa Rosa Macs

I think Steve will release the mobile Santa Rosa Macs at his June 11 SF WWDC SteveNote. 8 Core Mac Pro is only waiting for NAB & Leopard. iMacs can be released May 29-30. Mac mini is also due for a Santa Rosa LEAP sometime in May. So if you can wait for June 11, you should be good to go after that.

10. juanster thread starter macrumors 68020

juanster

great, i think thats:) :rolleyes: what i'll do thnx for the help

11. Lanbrown macrumors 6502a

They typically ship the day they are announced, but no guarantees. It also depends on where you are on the order list as to how soon you will get it. No guarantees as to when Apple will announce an update and if Intel has any issues on their end.

12. juanster thread starter macrumors 68020

juanster