The Real Reason PC's Crash

Discussion in 'Community' started by medea, Jul 14, 2003.

1. medea macrumors 68030

medea

Advice for the cybersavvy coven, as published in the spring 2003 edition of New Witch magazine.
    »_Because the physical hard drive is a conduit for a unique type of energy, it is possible for nature spirits (called vaettir) to take up residence within it.

»_Do not curse, yell, smack or otherwise vent your anger on your computer. Most vaettir are extremely sensitive to emotions.

»_Emotions are energy, and mixing incompatible energy fields can have bad results: culminating in the dreaded "blue screen of death."

»_Do what you can to make the computer feel welcome in your home. This includes talking to it, naming it and even offering words of encouragement.

»_[Cleanse your computer] by sound. Either clap your hands around the computer or use a rattle. A handful of coins in an old coffee can works just as well—the object is to break up stagnant energy.

»_Put unusual and pretty things by your computer for the vaettir's enjoyment. Pretty stones, crystals, feathers, intriguing pictures help create a positive environment.

»_TURN THE COMPUTER OFF COMPLETELY WHEN YOU ARE WORKING MAGIC. I cannot emphasize this enough. I've had friends who have had their computers completely crash due to simple energy overload when they inadvertently left them on while doing spellwork.

http://www.popsci.com/popsci/computers/article/0,12543,464015,00.html

2. Schiffi macrumors 6502a

Schiffi

3. King Cobra macrumors 603

4. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

The real story here is that there's actually a magazine called "Real Witch" and the even more frightening part is that it probably has competition.

And subscribers. Hooboy.

5. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

is this a joke, or do people really believe this?

i am not up on wicca history or ways, so i would be gullible for a thread like this:p

6. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

A person in my school became a wiccan like 2 months after his (he was jewish) bar-mitzvah.

His parents were soooo pissed.

His friends we also annoyied and they threw him in a pool...

Pc's don't crash for any spiritual reasons...

7. medea thread starter macrumors 68030

medea

Yes this story seems a bit silly, but just because you don't agree with a persons belief structure does not make it ok to harrass them or throw them in a pool as you say. Perhaps they were trying to drown him to see if he was a witch......
    geez, I thought we got past that era.....

8. BaghdadBob macrumors 6502a

BaghdadBob

Wicca is so misunderstood.

I think people need to realize they have a sense of humor too...a good one in my experience.

Aren't we all just terribly progressive around here. :rolleyes:

9. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

My PC's spirits are pretty peaceful.

They get angered at times, but I have only seen the 'dreaded blue screen of death' 3 times.

scem0

10. bennetsaysargh macrumors 68020

bennetsaysargh

LMFAO!
    that was funny. maybe my iMac will change into a new powermac G5!

11. tazo macrumors 68040

tazo

hmm. After my barmitzvah i became Christian :) lol. which would piss people off more.... lol

12. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

I guess that explains why evertime I play my devil music the computer acts like it's on drugs. Hehe, must be all the energy from the spells that they put into the lyrics.:rolleyes:

13. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Pardon my ignorance, but I don't know what a Wicca is. It sounds like Scientology or something. Do people get strapped to chairs and shocked in order to cleanse themselves?

14. Royal Pineapple macrumors 65816

Royal Pineapple

yes, infact that is the origional use for Wicker, was to make the wicken chairs to strap people to and shock them, so now if you have any wicker furniture in your house or yard you are prepared to torture people at your leasure for pleasure

15. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Whoa!!! I definitely want to get into this religion. Where do I sign!?! What part of my body do I have to mutilate to join? I'll do it......I'll definitely do it. Don't try to STOP ME!!!

PS: This wicca sounds like more BS than Scientology, or even Feng Shui. Yes, I said "even MORE" than Feng Shui, if that's possible.

16. amnesiac1984 macrumors 6502a

I'm sorry but I don't think there is a religion that exists that is more BS than scientology. My friend knows a family who are high up priests or whatever in this country and they are rediculously rich, they are rolling in it! You have to be pretty dumb to be a scientologist, or Tom Cruise. I'm surprised the whole operation is still legal, like I'm surprised that Bilderberg is still legal.

17. hvfsl macrumors 68000

hvfsl

This kind of stuff is only made up because they don't understand how computers work.

There are now a growing number of witches in the world, although there are hundreds near Stone Hendge in the UK. If you every need a good laugh go to Stone Hendge on days like Friday 13th and you will see them performing lots of funny rituarals.

Whitches can be a part of many different religons, though in the UK I find many of them are devil worshipers. Did you know there is even a whitches council in the UK that try to do as much evil as posible. I once saw an interview with the head witch of the UK who has now stopped doing it because she realised it was evil.

18. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Hey, don't knock Feng Shui!

This makes real wiccans look bad. Not that I am one, but I know some and they're not like that. Well, most of them. Some can be.

But that's like judging Christians or Islamic people by the fanatics.

Just like all Mac users aren't zealots.

19. Thanatoast macrumors 6502a

Thanatoast

Hey, at least this method sounds more helpfull than Microsoft tech support. :)

But seriously, I don't think Wicca is any less credible than any other religion out there, and certainly has done less damage over the centuries.

Even the Catholic church has a patron saint for computers/technology, doesn't it?

20. maradong macrumors 65816

maradong

21. BaghdadBob macrumors 6502a

BaghdadBob

Jesus f***ing Christ, people, anyone who does "evil" is not a true disciple of Wicca. The very, very foremost rule of Wicca is: "An' it harm none, do what thou wilt." It's not a real big secret or obscure text. And Crowley and his disciples don't count -- that would be an oddball offshoot.

Sound pretty damned malicious, doesn't it?

Satan worshippers are a totally different thing. First of all, to believe in and worship Satan you have to believe in a Christian god, follow? And Wiccans don't.

How can people with such "enlightened" political POVs (and I'm speaking from reading individual's posts) jump in with such ignorance?

It's a joke. Wiccans have a sense of humor. They do things like put "Broomstick crossing" signs next to their houses...even though -- get this! -- they can't ride broomsticks.

Their religion is a peaceful one that worships nature and pursues peace of mind. Give them a freaking break. Even if they're silly -- for goodness sake, so are mac users....

Oh, BTW, many of the founders of this country were masons. Confused by the Pentacle symbol Wicca uses? Look up the mason's symbology and let your head spin. But wait! It's old-school Christianity. Take a look.

22. King Cobra macrumors 603

>Whoa!!! I definitely want to get into this religion. Where do I sign!?! (Abstract)

Here is what you do:

Take a stiff, plastic frisbee. Fold it in half with all of your might, but not to the point in which it stays that way forever. Place it in your mouth sideways, still folded, and stuff it in your mouth. Keep holding on to the frisbee as you are doing this.

As you stuff the frisbee into your mouth chant these words:

"If I ever do sign up, I'll soon realize that is where I should have spent my life."

Let go. :D :eek:

23. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

That is one of the funniest things I have ever heard. I nearly pissed myself.:D

24. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

some christians may see wicca as the ultimate enemy to the religion

but think it out people

in reality, pure unchecked capitalism and secular atheist beliefs are acutally the real polar opposite of christianity as it is explained in the gospels

christ's harshest statements and actions were directed at rich people and commerce in a religious buliding...not witches

but in the 21st century, many concepts are turned backwards and the prominent christian influence in politics worships money, sexism, and racism and if christ were to come into their church, he would be tossed out on his ear as some radical left wing vagrant who has too much compassion and thinks something out of date like we are our brother's keeper, or something to that effect

25. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

it's a joke. Most all Wiccans would not believe anything remotely like this... none of my wiccan friends have ever put "pretty stones" around anything to amuse a spirit, let alone a computer...

it is damn funny tho :)

always liked wicca as a religion, for a long period of time i considered myself a follower (i don't have the comittment to be a wytch)... but i drifted more daoist as time went on (and to avoid this debate again, both daoist and taoist are correct).

pnw