The REAL reason US troops are dying over seas

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by LethalWolfe, Aug 28, 2005.

1. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

Link

Some people just deserve to get beat.

Lethal

2. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

This is the product of a man that sparks religious wars.

Maybe someday people will outgrow the need to kill each other over religion, race, sexual orientation, etc.

But by then, every human on the planet will be dead.

3. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Ah yes you can always count on Fred Phelps for the milk of human kindness... [/sarcasm]

And really... it would almost make some kind of twisted sense to say that about Cindy Sheehan's kid, but to say it about what appeared to be some random guardsmen from a most likely conservative area (Tenneseein' is Tennebelieving') it seems to go against the Demographic Phelps is after. But then again, that piece of human trash has never made much sense.

I got a blanket. Anyone else want in?

(JUST KIDDING!)

4. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

I thought that was why God allowed 9/11 to happen... :rolleyes:

5. ~loserman~ macrumors 6502a

And there goes another vile hate filled so-called Christian.

Maybe he and his followers should spend a little more time reading the words of Jesus and less time opening their mouths.
    Also apply this to the First one of these guys who says hurricane Katrina destroyed New Orleans because it is such a sin filled city.

Matthew 5:45 Ye have heard that it was said, Thou shalt love thy neighbor, and hate thine enemy: but I say unto you, love your enemies, and pray for them that persecute you; that ye may be sons of your Father who is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sendeth rain on the just and the unjust.

6. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

And yet a tornados and hurricaines refuse to cleanse the Earth of the White House and the Crawdad Texas Ranch.

Of course guys like these usually drink the blessed Kool-Aid with their followers and finally decide to leave us alone.

7. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

I think reading the bible was the problem in the first place;
    I'll fix your sentence for you;
    Maybe he and his followers should spend a little more time being tolerant of others and less time preaching and living by an anachronisit book.

That's better....

8. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

Well, one thing, the poetry out of Kansas ain't much of an improvement. Sorta be nice if Dorothy would click her heels and sick Toto on the whole bunch. Can any good thing come out of Kansas that's not connected with OZ?
    It's raining out in Kansas,
    What a joy its patter makes
    For the rain will stop the chatter
    Of the liars and the fakes.
    And the wheat will soon be growing
    In the green fields as of yore.
    It's raining out in Kansas
    And Good Lord__just let it pour!
    __Ed Blair.

9. ~loserman~ macrumors 6502a

While I don't agree with the last half of your fixing my thought the tolerant part is fine.

I happen to try to live my life to the best of my ability by following that "anachronistic book" and my life is the better for it.

From
    John 8: He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

Luke 6: Judge not, lest you be judged

10. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Nothing new from him. He'd blame a cold on gays. Me thinks thou doth protest too much.
    Anybody else think there's a bit of inbreeding going on there? Isn't that an abomination too? Wonder if they follow the rest of the words of Leviticus as closely. :rolleyes:

11. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

Hey ~loserman~,
    I was looking somewhere for "Paul I know, and Jesus, I know, but who is Fred Phelps?", but I suppose that's not in the Book? :)

12. ~loserman~ macrumors 6502a

Actually I had never heard of him before this thread....

All I can say was lucky me..... Until now :mad:

13. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

I guess me thinks thou doth protest too much was too subtle. ;)

14. latergator116 macrumors 68000

latergator116

Freddy dedicated a stanza to us in his poem "America the burning":

O wicked land of sodomites
    God burned Rhode Island down
    They made a fag their Providence Mayor
    God’s answer is profound

What a sweetheart. :rolleyes:

15. kalisphoenix macrumors 65816

kalisphoenix

And yet Timothy Leary was called "the most dangerous man in America."

Yep, Fred is a real specimen.

16. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Yeah you're lucky if you've escaped seeing his hateful brand of Christianity thus far.

I'm not sure if it was the Phelps crew or just some wannabes, but in my first year at college I had to physically insert myself between one of those protesters with a sign labeling all the people God hates (fags, catholics, fornicators, atheists etc) and some poor girl who he had accosted and gotten to admit that she had engaged in premarital sex. He was calling her a whore, a slut, a **** for the devil.... all this awful stuff and she was crying. He was literally about 12 inches from her face screaming this horrible stuff at her when I wedged myself between them and told her to get out of the area. I strategically moved around so he couldn't follow her and she managed to slip off into the crowd.

It was pretty much all I could do to keep from putting a ridge-hand into his throat to shut him up, but I figured that's what they wanted to show how persecuted they were, so I just stared him down with my mouth shut and my hands at my sides until he decided to seek a more vulnerable target for his hatred. I was shaking though, I was so angry.

17. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Well done. You know, this relates closely to the Ann Coulter thread. People have to stand up to thugs, or they will take over. Ignoring them does not work because they'll assume that they've already won.

18. tristan macrumors 6502a

Is this the same God who took both Pope John Paul II and Mother Teresa? Man, he's tough to please. :p

19. Pittsax macrumors 6502

Pittsax

The first problem is that you're quoting the New Testament, while he's quoting the Old Testament. If you read those two books, you'll find two very different interpretations of God.

And I must also argue that to a large extent, the Bible IS an anachronistic book. To use the Book of Leviticus again:

Leviticus 11:10-12 But anything in the seas or the rivers that has not fins and scales, of the swarming creatures in the waters and of the living creatures that are in the waters, is an abomination to you. They shall remain an abomination to you; of their flesh you shall not eat, and their carcasses you shall have in abomination. Everything in the waters that has not fins and scales is an abomination to you.

So...it looks like I'm going to Hell, because I had the shrimp basket last night for dinner. And it's interesting that this verse comes BEFORE the verse about homosexuality.

There's nothing wrong with following the teachings of the Bible -- its main message is that we should be nice to everyone. But it becomes a problem when some people act like every decision to be made is in that book, and they simply spout Bible references instead of actually thinking.

20. ham_man macrumors 68020

ham_man

21. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    You know, Thank you. My parents are "born again" christians, and so is my best friend Ken. The difference between them is that my friend doesn't hate people. He may not like some people, but he doesn't go around protesting gays or blowing up abortion clinics (my parents haven't blown anything up...yet).

He has this story, of when he lived in Florida. This pastor, wanted to get a Billboard for spring break where there was scheduled to be a gay march, that said "Gay used to mean Happy. (insert church name here)" My friend's thought: to put up a billboard right behind that one that said "Christian used to mean Christ-like." lol

22. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

:)

23. Mike Teezie macrumors 68020

Mike Teezie

Beware the wrath of mactastic!

Seriously though - I would have done the same thing you did, up until the showing restraint part. Well done. I know the feeling you describe, the shakes, etc. I get a little crazy when I'm that mad.

I probably would have had to lay a tasty b**ch slap down just so he would never forget me, and never forget that some people just won't put up with s*** like that.

24. Xtremehkr macrumors 68000

Xtremehkr

Christians are most often referred to as Christians. Non believers are Heathens, I think that speaks volumes about their attitude to outsiders. Obviously this is not indicative of all Christians, but those are still the accepted terms.