The Regular Tuesday Thread

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by SpaceMagic, Jun 21, 2005.

1. SpaceMagic macrumors 68000

SpaceMagic

Right guys, its 39 minutes until 5pm UK, 9am Cupertino... the time when Apple usually updates their stock.

Are we going to see something today? In T-38 minutes? Or will we have to wait another week...

EDIT: :eek: Just checked Apple UK refurb store is open EVERY DAY until the 25th June (Saturday!).

What can this mean?! (N.B. Apple Store in UK is only ever open Wednesdays)

2. scarlets knees macrumors member

New ipods?

Don't know if it means anything but I've been looking to buy and ipod and Amazon UK and the Dixons Group UK websites (Dixons/Currys/PC World) all selling the 20gb ipod at around £189 not the £209 standard price yet none of them have any in stock and it's been like that for a ggod 10 days now. Am I just missing the stock when it comes in or are they clearing the stockrooms......

3. SpaceMagic thread starter macrumors 68000

SpaceMagic

My Mum bought and iPod mini this morning after being soo impressed with mine. We also looked at Amazon and they had a 1-2 week wait... really odd. Anyway, in end she went into town (Cardiff) and bought one from Dixons.

4. scarlets knees macrumors member

Local dixons (Newcastle) didn't have any in and they seem scarce on the ground elsewhere, John Lewis is doing a roaring trade in what they have left. It just seems odd that there are these delays in shipping when other posts talk of Apple overstocking. Is it that they got everything out there which started the overstocking rumours ready for the next gen. Others here suggest a new model to go with the next itunes.

Oh I suppose other than new ipods we could see that new G5 powerbook as IBM's last fanfare.... sorry couldn't resist it :D

5. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

as pointed out by my mate Lincoln the UK refurb store is open and has some very good deals on
    so i think we might have a few weeks yet

6. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Just keep checking. With Apple expect the unexpected. ;)

7. broken_keyboard macrumors 65816

broken_keyboard

8. JDOG_ macrumors 6502a

JDOG_

Hmmm...not a single update a few weeks before WWDC and now a few weeks after WWDC...anytime now guys!

Waiting to get that Shuffle til they up the memory :)