The Relationship Between Men and Women, and the games we play.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by carbonmotion, Feb 5, 2006.

1. carbonmotion macrumors 6502a

carbonmotion

I've kept up on the last few posts and I'd just like to add my two cents worth about relationships. I'm only 21 years old, so I won't stand here and claim to be the best one to give advice... however, I have been around the block a couple of times (relationship wise) and I think the junior year of college is when the initial maturity curve completes. Girls are interested in different types of guys, but I generally find that many girls would rather date a nice, not so good looking guy than a not nice, pretty boy. I don't really think I'm that good looking, but I guess I've modeled for a few places ...that and I'm somewhat of an outgoing person, so alot of girls are interested in me. While some of them are really really hot, I'm definately not interested in them because they're not on my level of intelligence and to be honest I find them to be materialistic and shallow. I've also found this year that that girls that I like, girls who are beautiful, smart, and nice found it more comfortable to date not good looking, but really nice guys. I hope I don't offend any female readers here by saying this but; many of the woman think of men as shoes... some are high heels, some are beat up old sneakers. While the high heals are pretty to wear, they certainly don't make you feel comfortable. The sneakers might not look that great, but if you had to walk a great distance, you'd certainly want to walk in them. So, if you want my advice, don't even worry about looks; just be that nice, sensitive guy who won't play games, who won't make them feel insecure.

2. greatdevourer macrumors 68000

So... lemme get this straight. As far as I can read through that post:
    you = teh s3x
    girls = teh suxx0rz
    this thread = z0mgwtfpwnd

3. macartistkel macrumors 6502a

macartistkel

Well I think you are over analyzing things a little. I do agree that looks are not everything and I believe people are attractive in their own certain ways. I know some couples that look completely mismatched and they happen to be perfect for each other, and I know some other couples that are so gorgeous that their family pics look like they were taken to fill in those picture frames we buy at the stores, and yet they were also meant for each other as well! If you click with someone its usually because you like their personality alot and that is what usually keeps me around long enough to fall in love with a person instead of whether or not the person is rated a perfect ten! That might not be the case for everyone! ;)

You shouldn't classify someone in any category until you truly get to know them. That is the only way to tell for sure what kind of person they are because looks and first impressions can be COMPLETELY WRONG!! :)

4. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

I feel like your post seems materialistic and shallow, what with your constant reference to appearances.

5. thedude110 macrumors 68020

thedude110

Holy crap! What if I don't go to college? Will I never reach my maturity curve?

I understand where you're coming from, and this kind of insight into your own life is really important. But I'd hesitate to universalize it, as many people are in a very different set of day to day realities that tend to accelerate or retard sexual and interpesonal maturation ...

6. carbonmotion thread starter macrumors 6502a

carbonmotion

looks are rather important.

7. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    I call BS on this. Generally speaking, a majority of women, even into their late 30's will do anything for a good looking guy, even if he treats them like crap. It's no secret that a lot of women are strictly after money. In fact, I would say 1/5 houses that I walked into when I did high end audio/video (that means million dollar home theater systems) had a married couple that were the same age. The rest? Old men and their hot, hot young wives.

What do I like? Women that are attractive AND intelligent, because it's the smart ones that generally have their own careers and can make their own money. I don't make a ton of money, but pretty good for a 24 year old with no college degree. I make just under 40k a year, my GF makes 30K. That's not too bad for us when we pool our money for resources such as rent, utilities, internet, food, and cable.... Women that can take control are also very attractive.

I'm not trying to stereotype here, which is why I say "generally."But lets face it, how many women are treated like crap just so they can stay with a guy? Too many.

8. carbonmotion thread starter macrumors 6502a

carbonmotion

yes, but note how i said all the good ones.... there are plenty of "hot" dumb bimbos... but getting in to a relationship with them is seriously beneath me.

9. someguy macrumors 68020

someguy

This thread is as pointless as this post.

P.S. What makes you so much better than someone with lesser intelligence... and what makes you think good looks means bad brains? In other words, what the **** is the matter with you??

10. AvSRoCkCO1067 macrumors 65816

AvSRoCkCO1067

that made me laugh...hehe...

...as did his description of how "looks don't matter" and than the later post saying that "looks are very important"

...:confused:

11. carbonmotion thread starter macrumors 6502a

carbonmotion

duh, for girls it doesnt matter as much
    for guys it matters much more.

12. macartistkel macrumors 6502a

macartistkel

OMG...where do I start....you just set women back a 100 years with this ********!!! :eek: Well none of the women I associate with or the women in MY family are living off a guy for money. And most of them have higher degrees, more assets and ARE IN FACT making way more money than their husbands! Give me a break dude....its MEN over history that have acted like women could not be independent HOWEVER ITS BEEN CHANGING AND WILL CONTINUE TO CHANGE, it is just a matter of more time and ALL the dudes will be sitting at home cooking and cleaning waiting to ask for money from their wives! My goals are to be very successful, if not more successful than my man at least, so please go ****!! And I mean that in the nicest way possible!!! :)

13. 7on macrumors 601

7on

I'm so good looking it hurts.

But I'm attracted to strong willed/powerful women. Those types are hard to start things with IMO. I'm 20 and never been in a relationship, but I did have my first date yesterday :cool:

14. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

wow, you have much to learn. all i have to say is: "don't let your alligator mouth overload your hummingbird ass."

15. AvSRoCkCO1067 macrumors 65816

AvSRoCkCO1067

I get it now - thanks for pointing that out!

;) :)

16. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?

I'm just being honest here. I don't mean to "put women back 100 years" but there are a TON of them out there that are nothing but gold-diggers. Of course, men (generally speaking of course) are idiots anyway.

I know a lot of good, hard working, intelligent and beautiful women that do their own thing regardless of what their man does. I of course didn't categorize EVERY woman to be a money-hungry slut. But they ARE out there.

And looks are important to both men and women. I wouldn't say either have this trait more than the other. It's pretty equal. But literally speaking yes women do have this a bit more, if only because women make the majority of the population of this planet.

17. Josh macrumors 68000

Josh

My advice is, if you really want to meet a girl that is "worthy of your presence," one that thinks highly of you, then you should let that be left to her.

Currently, you seem to be doing enough of it yourself.