the rest of the world being shut out of .. your opinion?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by takao, Oct 29, 2004.

1. takao macrumors 68040

Dec 25, 2003
    Dornbirn (Austria)
    so after 4 days with george w bush campaign site blocked 'because of security reasons' what is your opinion on the whole thing...

i am very sceptical if there really were any security issues ... with nearly hudnred thousands of americans abroad it doesn't really make any sense to block foreign users...

any speculation ?

(i'm sorry if there is already a thread about... it i haven't found one)
  2. blackfox macrumors 65816

Feb 18, 2003
    Hopefully in five days in won't even matter.

Still, I assume that it was so no pesky "International" Media could poke holes in or otherwise analyze his stated agenda, information or tactics.

I am not sure what "security" reasons were specified, but a site like that is hardly going to have detailed relevant information on it. I mean, if you were a potential terrorist, you might read how Bush is determined to "get you". How and when is not specified or even mentioned.

Now that I think about it, maybe it's to block International lines of Credit from seeing how he is spending their money or what ways he might be spending it next (and how much.).
  3. Steradian macrumors 6502

Dec 3, 2002
    San Jose
    Maybe it is because the Bush camp hasn't really responded with responses through people but rather point to the website. I know I have read quite a few articles where rather than giver the journalist answers tells them to find them on the site(check latest PC magHere ). Perhaps they are worried someone will break in and change the HTML, and false statements can be made. Oh well, we shall see.