The Restore key?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Zachary C., Jun 29, 2010.

1. macrumors member

Hey guys, Im as new to macs as I am to this forum, now I have googled to the ends of the Earth but, just cannot find a restore key.

I'm looking to hit "Alt+Restore" per following this tutorial. I'm not much of an idiot and can figure things out pretty quickly but, Jesus, I am absolutely dumb founded.

2. macrumors 6502a

I'm assuming you're following a jailbreaking tutorial? Hold down the alt key while using the mouse to click the "restore" button or "update" button - this brings up a menu to let you choose a file to restore with.

edit: Just realized you had the word "tutorial" hyperlinked. My original response still applies, however.

3. thread starter macrumors member

Yeah I hyperlinked it. ;)

Okay so I help Alt/Option while clicking the mouse but, itunes doesn't seem to respond. Is the latest version of itunes disable that key combination?

4. macrumors 6502a

Nope. I just did it right before I read your post.

While you have your phone connected, open up iTunes, select your iPhone under devices, in the summary tab click "Restore" under the "Version" section while holding the alt/option key.

5. macrumors 601

here it is. if you're using windows, you shift-click this button. if you're using mac os x, you alt/option-click this.

beware, the "restore" button might actually say "update" instead of "restore" depending on your situation.

Attached Files:

6. thread starter macrumors member

Thank you so much sir.