The Ring

Discussion in 'Community' started by rainman::|:|, Oct 20, 2002.

1. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

have you guys seen The Ring yet? my god, i can't believe the scariest movie i've ever seen was rated PG-13. people were gasping and jumping in the theater, it was pretty amazing.

If you've seen it, don't post spoilers...

I loved the subliminal rings throughout the movie... the one in the corner that kept getting bigger and bigger...

all i can say is... damn.

:)
    pnw

2. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

I am not big on horror movies, but thats the best one i have ever seen. I give it a 7/10 and recomend it.

3. irmongoose macrumors 68030

irmongoose

It's actually based on the Japanese movie 'Ring', which was based on a best-seller novel by some guy. Anyways, I've seen the Japanese one.. and it is THE scariest movie I have seen in my whole life. And believe me, if you think this Hollywood version was scary, just watch the Japanese version. For some reason Japanese horror has a touch to it which Hollywood movies don't have... believe me, if you watch it it will freak you out at least twice as much as the Hollywood one did.

[​IMG]

irmongoose

4. ShaolinMiddleFinger macrumors 6502a

ShaolinMiddleFinger

How and where can you get the Japanese version?

:confused:

5. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

I would have to guess that you have to go to a small local movie store that has wierd movies. Or being a kung fu freak I would have to recommend HKflix.com, but they have a more 'action-oriented' selection.

6. ShaolinMiddleFinger macrumors 6502a

ShaolinMiddleFinger

Yeah, I actually checked them out earlier. They do have the original trilogy but it's all PAL format DVD's...... Maybe I should finally invest in a non region dvd player.... Or switch back to OS 9 and use the region changing capabilities of those DVD programs....

hmmm.....decisions....decisions....

7. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

I see you are interested in shaolin... sort of :D... I recommend getting one of their 10 movie packs for $15. They aren't the best movies or anything, but they are pretty good at a really good price.

8. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

sounds good, but why haven't i ever heard of it?

9. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

I was just passing by this thread again, and a thought popped into my head. What if a week after this movie came out millions of people started dying... THat would be very odd.

Before you die you see the ring............

10. ShaolinMiddleFinger macrumors 6502a

ShaolinMiddleFinger

I just use them when I'm looking for a movie that hasn't reached U.S. shores. I got Crouching Tiger when it was still in the theatres, how great was that.....

Back to the subject: One of my friends went to see The Ring last night, I called him up exactly when the movie ended and I said, "Seven Days....." he's supposedly all freaked out now.....

11. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

That is a great idea. I have got to do that... :p :p :p :D

12. Spike Spiegel macrumors regular

i saw the ring friday night, and parts of it scared the crap out of me. like the girl in the closet, and boyfriend's appartment scene. really good aspects, but it had its flaws

13. vixapphire macrumors 6502

dude, call me dyslexic, but every time I see your handle I read "Iron Mongoose", which sounds really cool in a 1970's prog-rock kind of way. had to let you know.

sorry for the off-topic post:eek: