the rockets red glare, the ummm...

Discussion in 'Community' started by Mr. Durden, Apr 25, 2005.

1. Mr. Durden macrumors 6502a

Anyone actually see this? Any downloads available?

This is one of those things thats gut busting funny, but at the same time, I feel really bad for the lady.

Slippery Link

2. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Example of not having grace under pressure.

She's probably hoping to forget that one, but as far as bad anthems go, I don't know, Rosanne Barr wasn't very good either :D

D

3. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

the booing got to her, well i would imagine that she would have practiced it enough before hand so something like this wouldnt happen, three tries....

:::shakes head::: pathetic.....get a new day job

4. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I saw a clip on our local nightly news. Felt sorry for her. Could empathize, my thought was, if it were me I would have the National Anthem written out on paper. It's not easy performing before a crowd. :eek:

5. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

Here's a link to it.

As Eddie Izzard sang, "With fish in the sky, and a big... monkey pie..." My brother and I sing that line at each Panthers game we go to.

6. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

I particularly like the smirk on the face of the guy that wanders in front of her as she's being consoled in the background...tough break for her. Glad to see she was able to finish it on GMA.

7. Nanda Devi macrumors regular

JEEZ, that's bad! Seems like there should be some limit on humiliation. This girl got more than her fair share. Can't decide whether I should feel sorry for her and give her the benefit of the doubt that she isn't a moron and was just nervous, or just laugh because she wasn't prepared.

Either way, that spill on the ice at the end was almost too painful to watch. How do you move on after something like that? I mean, it's not like she can believe anyone who tries to tell her it "wasn't that bad"!

8. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

the silver lining here is that she really can't expect to ever do worse so now that she's gotten over this obstacle..... :D

D

9. Pismo macrumors 6502

Pismo

I guess her dreams of being on "American Idol" have been shattered. Oh darn :rolleyes:

10. dotdotdot macrumors 68020

11. ham_man macrumors 68020

ham_man

I saw this on ESPN the other morning. Quite comical actually...

12. Pismo macrumors 6502

Pismo

I'm Ozzy!!! Look at me!!!!I'm Ozzy!!! Look at me!!!! This guy is annoying as hell. Nothing beats an incoherrent ex-coke addict/alcoholic ruining America's favorite passtime.

13. Mr. Durden thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks clayj. Now I kinda feel bad. Its not as funny as I thought it would be, actually seeing it. Thats too much for just one person to go through on what may have been the biggest day of her singing career. I feel really bad for her. I can see how you can go blank in front of a bunch of drunk hockey fans, but the fall was painfull to watch. Thats what she gets for being so determined, I guess.

14. Roger1 macrumors 65816

Roger1

I feel bad for the lady. It remids me of the time the Marines marched out with the Canadian Flag upside down. I think it was at a baseball game a few years ago.

What movie did Leslie Neilson sing the National Anthem in? It was some type of police comedy He was imitating some kind of opera singer. That was funny :D

15. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

The Naked Gun: From the Files of Police Squad!, with O.J. Simpson.

16. AppleAce macrumors regular

Wow, nice. ;) Incoherent is an understatement, but at least he can carry the tune. I was watching the cubbies a week or 2 ago and there were 3 guys "singing" quite possibly the worst rendition of Take me out to the ballgame I have ever heard. Even with the organ playing, the tune was barely recognizeable.

Now, for the topic at hand, the Star-Spangled Banner is not the easiest song in the world to sing. I used to sing it occasionally for our HS basketball games, so I know what it's like. However, I can proudly say that during my years in hs, I was the only student that didn't screw up singing the national anthem once. Now marching band on the other hand.... :rolleyes: (it was not personally my fault, but I was a member of a band that butchered the national anthem once) With other songs, you can screw up and no one, or *very* few people will notice. But if you screw up the banner, *everyone* and their grandmother will know.

17. aloofman macrumors 68020

aloofman

Too bad Maurice Cheeks wasn't there to help her along.

18. killuminati macrumors 68020

killuminati