The Role of Women bible quiz

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by chanoc, Feb 15, 2005.

1. Peterkro macrumors 68020

Peterkro

I'm not going there.Or maybe I should.
    O.K. I just answered D to all Questions whatever they were and I'm still a good christian.

2. jackieonasses macrumors 6502a

jackieonasses

i took it and passed...

just so you know you didn't need a new thread for this... you had another one.

kyle

3. chanoc thread starter macrumors 6502

chanoc

Different quiz.

4. Peterkro macrumors 68020

Peterkro

5. relimw macrumors 6502a

The reason you failed, is you answered like a liberal thinking you know how a conserative would answer, when in fact the test is rigged by a liberal thinking he is giving responses that he thinks a conservative would give. (I give that answer about a 45% chance of being understandable) ;)

However, if you had actually read the relevant portions of the bible, you would see that that was what the quiz maker was doing.

Btw, for those actually interested, MacSword is a decent and free Bible program.

6. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

and a 5% chance of being right.

7. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Well, I gave completely honest, pro-woman answers...and came up with a big goose egg. Guess I must not be much of a man.

* Sob! * I feel like such a wuss..... :( :( :( :( :(

8. Don't panic macrumors 603

Don't panic

the bible is a fictionalized narration of some historical events and philosophycal precepts referring to a society of 2000-3000 years ago.
    It represents the moral values of the time and to make fun of it because it doesn't reflect what we should consider "civilized" today, or because it lacks consistency, logic and scientific foundations is a bit unfair.
    View of the role of women and other anachronistic bits aside, a few of its basic tenets still retain some degree of validity today.

9. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

The first time you did it, it was shame on you. You come up in here and do it again then it's shame on me. :)

10. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

I don't think anybody there or here is making fun of the Bible itself. I think they're making fun of how people interpret the Bible and use it as a tool to keep people stupid.

11. Xtremehkr macrumors 68000

Xtremehkr

Baes on real Bible verse though, like it or not. It's your god dude.

12. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

In the same way that radical Muslims can pervert the Koran so that they can justify terrorism and killing, so too can the Bible (and probably ANY holy book for that matter) be misinterpreted and contorted to justify any radical view.

On that topic, listen to this free iTMS track: When the President Talks to God

13. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

As much as I'm no fan of either President Bush or intolerant religion, I really really really hate that song. Lalala, sorry for the random comment. Something about that song just pisses me off, though.

14. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

Not saying that I'm a fan of that song, merely that it helps to illustrate m point. ;)

Come to think of it though, I'm not really a fan of Bush either. :rolleyes: Seems that in a country with millions of people eligible for the role as president that sooner or later one of them that is capable for the job will run.

15. Zaid macrumors 6502