The RoundCube Webmail Project. This is so awesome.

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by nataku, May 20, 2006.

1. nataku macrumors regular

nataku

This is absolutely stunning. I was completely blown away by its interface. It looks so elegant.

Clickie

Does anybody know a free email service that uses RoundCube? I found Aventuremail but I have to shell out $5.00 and I'm not really comfortable with the idea of giving out my credit card number.

How about you? How do you find RoundCube? :D

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

3. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

4. nataku thread starter macrumors regular

nataku

I know! It looks very Apple-like. If .Mac adopts this kind of interface, then I'm sold! I'd be glad to subscribe to .mac for life!

5. me hate windows macrumors 6502

me hate windows

I'm a bit confused. Would this enable me to access my email inbox in a browser that is being served by OS X Server, so i could access it like gmail instead of just Thunderbird or Mail?:confused:

Edit: Let me rephrase that, because it doesn't make much sense. I have OS X Server set up as a web and mail server. I can access my email with Mail and Thunderbird. Could I install RoundCube and access my email with a web browser like you can with GMail or Yahoo?

Looks good, btw.

6. nataku thread starter macrumors regular

nataku

From what I understand, yes. If you have your own email (as in you have your own domain name), then this will act like your webmail interface.

7. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

Yup, that's what it's for. A more popular use would be web hosts using it as a web mail option for their clients.

8. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Loosely related, has anyone else just been upgraded to the beta of Yahoo's new mail interface? I have to say, although it's a little slow, it seems really nice. And actually very similar to Roundcube (which is why I mentioned it). It works in FF -- I'm not sure if it works in Safari, because I haven't tried it yet. :eek:

Now if they would go back to offering free POP in the US... :rolleyes: