The Royale Family special

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Dagless, Nov 2, 2006.

1. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I know I'm a few days late, but there seems to be no thread for this. I recorded it on my EyeTV and figured with a spare hour to burn that I'd finally watch it.

Half way through I wasn't laughing much. was mostly looking forward to the "christmas wish" bit that I read was particularly moving in the paper. But by the end I was in absolute tears, I've never cried to a TV show before but this got me badly. I sincerely hope this is the final Royale Family episode ever, what an absolutely fantastic ending.

Now to clean myself up before my own family wonder why I've been crying :eek:

anyone else catch it? Along with Spooks and Doctor Who the BBC have been pumping out some quality programming.

2. calculus Guest

calculus

I saw it. It was indeed very moving at times as well as very funny. As far as I know it was the last ever episode. I guess we might get the odd repeat though! Great television.

3. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

I watched about half of it and got a little bored. My mam watched it and was in floods of tears... *Shrugs*

4. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

I watched it on Sunday night and cried twice. Twice! :eek:

The baby scene and the 'ending' was beautifully written and acted. I'd forgotten just how good The Royle Family was!

5. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

"I held on just for you" was so sad. You knew what was going to happen... :(

6. MalcolmJID macrumors 6502a

I watched it. I thought the first half hour was freakin hilarious, especially Jim full spazzing at the remote control batteries!:D