Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mmmcheese

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2006
dmw007 said:
Hmm, I think that there would be a better chance of fooling someone into believing that Apple was going to release a PowerBook G5 than a 30" MacBook Pro. But then again, you never know who you just might be able to fool... ;) :)

I dunno...there have been quite a few ridiculous rumours that people believed...

gman71882

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2005
Houston, Tx
BAM it will be a surprise Release... something NO ONE is expecting:
like a Large screen Plasma TV with a Mac Mini Built in for DVR funtionality and Apple remote: for $2500 :cool:

or a Small form factor tablet macbook, with a swivel screen done perfectly. :eek:

I bet apple releases a bunch of spoof ideas about stuff just to throw people off. HAHAH:mad:

WHAT NEXT... MY Head with explode with ideas. :confused: :confused:

mmmcheese

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2006
generik said:
A 30" MBP??

Where?! :D

The real question is "when?"

And the answer is "Saturday."

Not only that, but it comes with a stylus and can be used like a tablet...

sam10685

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 2, 2006
Portland, OR
dongmin said:
No, there was nothing "evident" about what Steve said. Dudes, this has been discussed to death. He said, to paraphrase: "In case we don't see each other before then, happy happy anniversary!" Now, if you want to read into that, great, go crazy. For my money, I'd like to go by Apple's recent history: they'll do nothing special except for maybe a mention on the home page.

why would the dude spend several minutes last january saying that the 30th anniversary is april first if nothing big was going to happen?

sam10685

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 2, 2006
Portland, OR
mmmcheese said:
I dunno...there have been quite a few ridiculous rumours that people believed...

30" MBP... that'd be so awesome! except who's going to lug around a 30'' laptop???besides, a 30" laptop would probably be more expensive than buying a 30" display and a Powermac seperatly.

sam10685

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 2, 2006
Portland, OR
gman71882 said:
BAM it will be a surprise Release... something NO ONE is expecting:
like a Large screen Plasma TV with a Mac Mini Built in for DVR funtionality and Apple remote: for $2500 :cool:

or a Small form factor tablet macbook, with a swivel screen done perfectly. :eek:

I bet apple releases a bunch of spoof ideas about stuff just to throw people off. HAHAH:mad:

WHAT NEXT... MY Head with explode with ideas. :confused: :confused:

it'll more likely be a large screen imac that u cah hang on the wall somehow. i agree... apple probably does release spoof ideas just to throw people off. (can u say "ipod HiFi???)

onthat

macrumors regular
Feb 26, 2006
Ruston, Louisiana
He may have mentioned the 30th anniversary...because that is all the mention it will get, he never made any insinuation that there'd be an upcoming event, merely that the company's 30th would be on April 1st and that we should mark our calendars...and remember everyone Steve declared the 30th anniversary a national holiday, your employers have been informed and will not expect to see you this saturday.

I've always wanted to know, does Steve have a personal e-mail address I can reach him at? If I can reach Pope Benedict...it only seems realistic that I can reach Steve.

mmmcheese

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2006
sam10685 said:
30" MBP... that'd be so awesome! except who's going to lug around a 30'' laptop???...

I said the same thing about 17" notebooks....apparently the answer is "many people."

Zoowatch

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2004
Sheffield, UK
again... i believe that this friday / saturday... there aren't going to be anything happening in Cupertino... which is really sad...

Apple is missing a good chance to promote their new stuffs on that big day

that leaves us to one possibility.... that there is nothing that's ready up SJ's sleeves right now....

menziep

macrumors 6502a
Jan 21, 2006
mmmcheese said:
I said the same thing about 17" notebooks....apparently the answer is "many people."

Yeah Apple were the first to bring out the 17inch Notebook
and i do think apple will bring ot a 19 or 20 inch notebook soon.

menziep

macrumors 6502a
Jan 21, 2006
Zoowatch said:
again... i believe that this friday / saturday... there aren't going to be anything happening in Cupertino... which is really sad...

Apple is missing a good chance to promote their new stuffs on that big day

that leaves us to one possibility.... that there is nothing that's ready up SJ's sleeves right now....

Yeah But if there was going to be a BIG Media Event

Why?

Did they have a *Crap Media Event in Feb

So No they probley not have any new Products on Sat Exept Univeral Aputure.

screensaver400

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2005
onthat said:
I've always wanted to know, does Steve have a personal e-mail address I can reach him at? If I can reach Pope Benedict...it only seems realistic that I can reach Steve.

steve@mac.com

If I recall correctly, that is one of his addresses. Its so public, though, it would be like emailing any other major celebrity's public address. I seem to remember hearing that secretaries or something like that read the email from that address.

Dr. Who

macrumors newbie
Mar 26, 2006
Well, I hope an updated iBook comes out soon. My 900Mhz G3 iBook of 3 years died on March 3rd and instead of rushing out and picking up a G4 iBook, I have decided to wait. Currently, I am using a ThinkPad to satisfy basic needs, but can't wait to boot up a Mac again. If nothing is released in the next week, when do you suppose Apple will update this line?

Dr. Who

macrumors newbie
Mar 26, 2006
I hope that doesn't mean that we have to wait until late in the second quarter for the new iBook as well.

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
StealthRider said:
The difference is that Steve Jobs spent a good couple of minutes of his MWSF keynote talking about the anniversary. Why bring it up if it will pass unnoticed?
Because if it wasn't brought up then, it might not be mentioned at all.

The time for inviting people in for any sort of significant announcement has come and gone.

excalibur313

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2003
Cambridge, MA
I agree. As much as I want to empty my wallet and get rid of this dell sitting on my desk, I don't think that will happen by this tuesday let alone on a saturday...{sigh} It was such a dumb move selling my powerbook before my next computer was out to try and maximize resale value.

generik

macrumors 601
Aug 5, 2005
Minitrue
mmmcheese said:
The real question is "when?"

And the answer is "Saturday."

Not only that, but it comes with a stylus and can be used like a tablet...

The trouble is.. can you even hold a 30" thing with one arm? :D

Just trying to visualise a petite woman struggling with a 30" *thing* cracks me all up

mmmcheese

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2006
generik said:
The trouble is.. can you even hold a 30" thing with one arm? :D

Just trying to visualise a petite woman struggling with a 30" *thing* cracks me all up

Well...I never said it was for everyone ;)

solvs

macrumors 603
Jun 25, 2002
LaLaLand, CA
You know, everyone expected something on the anniversary a few years ago and nothing happened. I wonder if it's the same this time. If something big was going to happen, we'd have heard about a media event or something.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.