The Samsung LN-S3251/2D)

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by DSchwartz88, Nov 2, 2006.

1. DSchwartz88 macrumors 6502

Hey Guys,

I need your help once again. Im looking to buy the samsung S3251D or S3252D. The only difference is one is white, one is black. Its a very well known LCD tv. However my budget is a little tight so ive been on a search for sub 800 deals for this LCD, and i have found a couple. THis is where i need your help, i ran a whois on the two sites that gave me sub 800 prices and both were created spetember of this year. ill give you the sites:

First: http://www.switch-electro.com/samsung_LN-S3251D.html

Second: http://www.discounts-webstore.com/index.php?target=products&product_id=1585

These deals look very nice, but i would like your guys' opniions. Is it worth trying to buy this LCD from these stores? or does it seem to good to be true. Also im willing to buy refurbished, so if anyone has good prices for refurbished versions of this tv please post or pm.

Please dont turn this into a thread about why this LCD sucks and how i shouldnt even be trying to look for this one. My mind is made up and this is a fine LCD for my needs, i just need help with seeing if i can buy from these stores.

Thanks guys i really appreciate your insight and help,

Daniel

2. Jschultz macrumors 6502a

Jschultz

Daniel,

I work at circuit city, and just checked actual COST to our chain on that TV. Not employee cost, but what we buy it at. That price is $1190. I suspect something very fishy about that price if it is true. How someone could sell a TV that MSRP's for $1700, for $690...well...thats a feat in itself.

Exercise extreme caution.

3. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

What he said: "Caveat Emptor" Buyer Beware.

That said, I have the 40" version of this TV and find it very nice for my needs.

Good luck in finding a good deal on it.

B

4. DSchwartz88 thread starter macrumors 6502

Would someone be able to run a whois on it and check it themselves?

It would be much appreciated,

Daniel

5. carfac macrumors 65816

carfac

6. wallock, Nov 2, 2006
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2013

wallock macrumors member

7. imacintel macrumors 68000

I wouldn't trust that site.
    I have one of those, nearly 2000 canadian when it was new in nov 2005.

8. bkstahl99 macrumors newbie

stay away really

well danny boy its like this stay away from switch for sure i saw the same deal and was mezed by it too unfortunatly i didnt do enough research and sent them the money needless to say i now dont have a samsung 32"
    lcd and xbox 360 i paid $900 for so i can say this dont do any transactions that the seller wants you to use western union to send the money no matter what they say (yes i was stupid enough to do this) especially if its not to a business. like said before if its too good to be true it probably is

9. Zman5225 macrumors 6502a