the san francisco giants are going to make good and win the world series

Discussion in 'Community' started by jefhatfield, Sep 20, 2003.

1. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

but that is largely to be expected, and nothing else...hey, with a hitter that is about to eclipse the great wilie mays, the giants better get it...and their pitching staff isn't bad, either

and the oakland raiders, supposedly a year past their prime, will come back and win it all...they really blew it in the super bowl and played their worst game of the season then

last season, with the bay area's top baseball team and football team, really broke our hearts over here:(

2. applemacdude macrumors 68040

applemacdude

3. wrc fan macrumors 65816

wrc fan

In a world where LPs are made like pancakes
    Not with how crappy they played their last two games against the Mariners. They need to start playing better defense. Even though the scorer didn't mark any errors in today's game, there were about 5 by the A's. 2 by Tejada, 1 by Ramon Hernandez, 1 by Mike Wood, and 1 by Mark Ellis

4. strider42 macrumors 65816

strider42

thats OK, those are only two games. Its all about the A's. The defense can be really solid most of the time.

Lets go OAKLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. wrc fan macrumors 65816

wrc fan

In a world where LPs are made like pancakes
  6. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

Ok, might as well make my prediction here. Giants over Yankees in seven! Barry is going to do everything he can to win it in memory of his dad. Sorry A's fans, if they make it into the playoffs (don't take it for granted just yet), they won't have enough without Mulder to take on the Yankees, even if he makes it back in time - the Yanks are too tough.

7. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Now if only the Giants fans would stop killing people....

8. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

Don't lump us all in a category with those few idiots. I don't know the details, but I hope it wasn't about baseball.

Here is ESPN latest story on the incident:

9. jefhatfield thread starter Retired

jefhatfield

since the giants came to san francisco from new york several decades ago, they have not won a single world series title

in new york, they won five...but the bay area team with the rings are the oakland As with great baseball legacies like billy martin, reggie jackson, jose canseco, rickey henderson, and mark mcgwire(sp?) and many others

if the giants don't make near the top, i root for the As, and if not them, then any remaining team left in california like the angels, dodgers, or padres

if the giants never win the world series while in san francisco, they will always have the man who hit the most home runs in one season, in a world series, and hopefully (fingers crossed)...of all time

if barry bonds can retire with those three records, that will be huge and remembered by baseball fans everywhere in america...teams like boston, without a recent ring either, are still regarded highly because of great individual players like ted williams and roger clemens

10. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

There have been times when it felt like a curse had been placed on the Giants in their attempts to win the Series. The earthquake in '89 (I was at that game) and Game 6 of last year's Series could make a lot of people believe in supernatural reasons. I prefer to chalk it up to bad luck.

jefhatfield, I agree about Bonds. People should appreciate what their are seeing when he plays. We won't likely see this level of play again for a long time.

11. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

I sure hope it wasn't about baseball, 'cause a game sure isn't enough reason to kill someone over.

I know not all fans are alike. It's just the heavily intoxicated ones that seem to cause trouble. Most are nice people.;)

12. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

I was at the Giants game on Wednesday and had to negotiate my daughter and her school mate through a group of drunken guys who decided the game was just the place to pound their chests and start swinging at each other. Later we found out another man at the game decided to climb over the ledge of a 25 foot drop in order to jump to a light pole and slide down to get his sun glasses. He missed and fell to his death. All of this because they serve so much booze at sporting events. I like a beer as much as the next guy, but this stuff is crazy.

13. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

I know. Seems like it's always a few A-holes that ruin things for the rest of us.:mad:

14. Thom_Edwards macrumors regular

i just hope the rangers can turn the season around and make the playoffs.:rolleyes: if not, let's go 'stros!

15. Giants macrumors newbie

Look out 'cause the Giants are in town

Your Rangers eventually will make progress in the regular season, but they need a new pitching rotation because they have virtually no one that they can turn to.:D oh yeah and as for the 'stros they will never win the world series(yeah, don't count on it because the Giants are in town and are going to make history by winning the Pennant)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11:D :D :D

16. Giants macrumors newbie

That is unimaginable

It always seem that the people who get intoxicated in games create an atmosphere that is not safe. I mean, I was watching a man(don't know who he was) on TV beat the crap out of the first base coach; I believe it was in Kansas city royals. They needs to have restrictions on binge drinking at sports events or games.

17. applemacdude macrumors 68040

applemacdude

18. jefhatfield thread starter Retired

jefhatfield

here's the dream scenario

giants beat marlins and go against the cubs in the national league champioship series and it becomes a home run fest between sosa and bonds

and then after that, having the giants go against the legendary As and seeking revenge for 1989 and beating them 4-0 and capturing their first world series title as a san francisco team

19. me_94501 macrumors 65816

me_94501

"There's a bunt--Mueller charging--he has no play! The A's win!" -Bill King, 10/1/03; announcing the game-winning play vs. Boston

Man, that game was great! I know the A's have gone up 2-0 in the first round before and fallen apart, but this team has a different feel to it.

LET'S GO OAKLAND!

20. jefhatfield thread starter Retired

jefhatfield

if i were a betting man, i would put my money on the As or the yankees this year

21. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

you guys are all underestimating the cubs thats all i've got to say,

22. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

After watching the Giants blow it in extra innings I'm totally depressed. Oh how I miss Robb Nen! Oh well, it's not over yet and I hear Jason Schmidt is pitching tomorrow.

23. tazo macrumors 68040

tazo

Hey! You make it sound like the Mariners are a bad team :eek:

24. Foxer macrumors 65816

Foxer

I'm wearing my Nen jersey today in a desperate hope that it channels some ability to Worrell whcih prevents him from blowing saves.

25. senseibiz macrumors regular

Giants chances are running low they better get going

Nevermind its all over
    Marlins win