The Sims 2 for Intel?

Discussion in 'Games' started by cbrain, Jan 17, 2007.

1. cbrain macrumors 65816

cbrain

Hello!

I already have The Sims 2 for PC, but I don't think it is worth buying windows just to play it. ;) I am not sure whether The Sims 2 and it's expansion packs for mac will run on Intel Macs though.

So really my question is: Does the Sims 2 and it's expansion packs for Mac, run on macs with the Intel chip?

Thanks!

EDIT: I've just looked at a Macrumors Guide. It looks like it has answered my question! They are all Universal Binaries!

2. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

There is a universal binary patch you can download from Aspyr's website to make the Mac version run on your Intel equipped Mac – but so far as I'm aware the PC version is exactly that, PC only?

3. cbrain thread starter macrumors 65816

cbrain

I was asking about the mac version, not the windows version. ;)

When should the patch be installed? Before instalation of the game, or after?

4. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

I've not installed it myself so I can't say with complete certainty, but I would expect you need to install the patch afterwards so it... well... patches it.

5. nylock10 macrumors regular

Right after the installation of the game.

Runs really well here :D

6. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Yep just run the UB patch after you have installed the mac version of Sims2. Works the same for most of the older games that require UB patches for intel.

7. Nerdowl macrumors member

has anyone tried running Sims 2 on a Macbook (just the normal version not pro) does it run ok or does it need a better graphics card than the intel chipset?

thanks.

8. Nerdowl macrumors member

Sorry for quoting myself but I think I've found the answer: -

http://www.modthesims2.com/archive/index.php/t-173106.html

:D

EDIT: More confirmation that it works on a Macbook: - http://www.modthesims2.com/archive/index.php/t-189950.html

I thought it probably would do seeing as I got the PC version to work on our HP when that only has an intel chipset graphics card.