The Sims 2?

Discussion in 'Games' started by gadgetgirl85, Aug 31, 2006.

1. gadgetgirl85 macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

I am considering purchasing The Sims 2 for my MBP. Just wondering if anyone had any experience running it on an intel mac?

2. thegreatluke macrumors 6502a

thegreatluke

I have a standard 1.83 GHz MacBook Pro.

The game runs AMAZINGLY well.

It's a bit slow on startup, but it's the same way on my sister's HP, so I figure it's just how the game is coded - not the computer itself.

I run it with all the goodies on and set on high, and at the second-highest resolution. If you play it at 1440x900, it lags a bit. The one before it is perfect though.

3. The Senator macrumors regular

The Senator

I lag a lot on my mbp and i have the new patch. My computer gets really really hot and i can only play it for a little bit without the computer being plugged in

4. gadgetgirl85 thread starter macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

Hmmm I'm just looking for one good game I can play on my MBP. Seems most of them have problems unless you run in bootcamp

5. VegardSK macrumors newbie

Question

Is the Mac really meant for playing games?

6. ghall macrumors 68040

ghall

I have a 2.0 Ghz MacBook Pro, and it plays "like butter". I haven't played it much since getting my MBP (I haven't had time), but I have tested it out.

7. ghall macrumors 68040

ghall

That is one of the Mac's functions, yes.

8. gadgetgirl85 thread starter macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

I have The Sims 2 on my PC I guess I'll wait for some mac game to come out that I want to buy :) Can't really justify having it twice and I don't have a copy of windows so I could run it on bootcamp

9. thegreatluke macrumors 6502a

thegreatluke

You've had two positive reports and one negative one.

The Sims 2 plays well.

Don't get it if you don't want it though.

Speaking of other Mac games, hopefully Spore'll come out for Mac not too much after it comes out on the PC.

10. mechamac macrumors regular

I've got a 17" Intel iMac, and Sims 2 does run very nicely, even in windowed mode. I run it at 1400x900 (whatever native res is) with most settings on medium, some on high, and it's always very very smooth. Though I usually only have a handful of sims onscreen at any time.