The Sims + OSX

Discussion in 'Games' started by Angelus, Sep 11, 2003.

1. Angelus macrumors 6502

Hey i wanna buy The Sims and The Sims Livin' Large expansion pack from the apple store.
    Will it run on osx out of the box or do i need a patch?
    If it runs in osx,how well would it run on a g4 667 powerbook with radeon 7500 32MB?

2. ColoJohnBoy macrumors 65816

ColoJohnBoy

Buy The Sims: Deluxe Edition. It'll work on OS X without a patch. It includes everything from both The Sims and Livin' Large and a few extras. It'll be cheaper than buying the two separately, and much easier to install.

3. ColoJohnBoy macrumors 65816

ColoJohnBoy

Wait, scratch that. I just looked and there isn't a Deluxe Edition made for Mac. I guess you will have to buy them separately. I know My copy of Livin' Large required a Carbon patch to work on OS X, but that's it. The newer versions of Livin' Large may work without.

I haven't been any help. Nevermind.

4. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

In the Large Box, you will need the carbon patch from Aspyr (about 5MB). I believe in the small box it is pre-carbonized.

So which one will you find?

TEG

5. Freg3000 macrumors 68000

Freg3000

Also, when installing, do yourself a favor and do it in OS 9, not classic mode. I have found it just works better that way.

The game will work beautifully on your PowerBook, but it will begin to slow down if you have all of the 5 expansion packs installed (I am sorry-I am addicted, OK?).

:D

6. kiwi_the_iwik macrumors 65816

kiwi_the_iwik

The Sims? BAAHH!

I can't play this game again...

After designing an EXACT duplicate in layout and appliances to my house, and putting in the residents (representing myself and my little 3 1/2 year-old son), I found that I kept dying through sheer boredom and depression...

That's one way to make yourself feel good about your lifestyle...

:rolleyes: