The sky is falling, oh no!

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by stubeeef, Dec 28, 2004.

1. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

link

Incase anyone wants to know something other than how bad everything is.
    I am an optomist on this one thing, many will chime it to say how really rotten things really are. But thought I would try to say 1 good thing.

2. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

What a biased headline! It ignores the bits in the article further down that say:
    Not only does the biased title of the article omit these details, but Stu forget to mention them as well!

3. stubeeef thread starter macrumors 68030

stubeeef

What in the article contridicts the headline?
    You may be upset at the fact I think a headline in another thread is biased because the headline mis-states the facts. Here the facts are stated as in the headline. I am sorry that you don't see that, but then again my optimism paid off-I knew you would come through! :p

4. Thanatoast macrumors 6502a

Thanatoast

From your quote:
    Um, sales rose for stores in the four weeks preceding Christmas? Was anyone expecting anything else? Seems shaky to base an economic recovery off of.

I'll be happier when we finally make back all the jobs we've lost since W's been president. AFAIK, we're still in the hole on job creation overall, and we still aren't creating enough jobs to even keep up with population growth. Couple that with the less-than-inflation rise in wages, the increase in insurance premiums, and Bush's continuing crusade to defend the moneyed interests from inconvenient taxes to pay for his hugely expensive war, I'd say the economy is still pretty screwed.

5. Xtremehkr macrumors 68000

Xtremehkr

So Bush finally has a net gain of jobs during his Presidency, a balanced budget and a reduction in the national debt?

A yes or no answer will suffice as an answer to all three parts or to any part individually. Though one will cover all three, which one?

What will it take for the sky to be 'officially' falling?

6. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

A Democratic president would do it I'm sure. :p

I'm guessing Stu would have said the sky is falling for the eight years prior to 2001.