Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rich2k4

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 15, 2009
ok, when i view my songs in itunes, it shows the album art for every album i have.

for some reason, only a few album covers get transferred to my ipod, but not all of them. i tried toggling on and off, the "display album artwork on ipod" but that doesn't seem to work.

what should i do?

Shaduu

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2007
Southsea
ok, when i view my songs in itunes, it shows the album art for every album i have.

for some reason, only a few album covers get transferred to my ipod, but not all of them. i tried toggling on and off, the "display album artwork on ipod" but that doesn't seem to work.

what should i do?

I've had this issue before and it's to do with the way iTunes handles album art. iTunes will display the artwork for an album in Cover Flow or in album view if at least one of the tracks in that album have album art embedded. iPods, on the other hand, require each track to have the album art embedded individually otherwise it'll just display the generic black artwork.

One solution, provided your tracks have entirely correct tags, is to select everything in your library, right click on part of the selection and choose, "Get album artwork". You'll need an iTunes account and, as I've mentioned, your ID3 tags to be correct for this to work but you should end up with every track having the correct album art.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.