The Star Wars kid

Discussion in 'Community' started by JesseJames, Nov 29, 2003.

1. JesseJames macrumors 6502a

Mar 28, 2003
    How'd I get here? How can I leave?
    Can anyone provide link to this infamous video?

Apparently, this kid from Quebec was goofing around in the school studio. He videotaped himself doing a rather dorky impression of the Star Wars Darth Maul battles. It was taken by people on the internet and edit with sound effects and goofy backgrounds. The video spread like wildfire all over the world.
    The poor guy was ridiculed and tormented so bad that he dropped out of school and finished a semester in summer classes.
    He's apparently overweight and his adolescent dork factor is extremely high. Hec, who can really say their dork factor wasn't high in the 'awkward' years? His oversight was that he didn't erase the damn tape.
    I'm sure that we'll see his story on The Onion's 'Pathetic Geek Stories' someday.

His parents sued all the websites that featured the video and any form of it. So I cannot seem to find it anywhere.
  2. scem0 macrumors 604

Jul 16, 2002
    back in NYC!
  3. applemacdude macrumors 68040

Mar 26, 2001
    Over The Rainbow
  4. Roger1 macrumors 65816

Jun 3, 2002
    I saw the video, and I thought it was pretty good, for somebody goofing off. I wonder if George Lucas can (or did) work him into the next episode, an some young light sabre prodigy?
  5. Daveman Deluxe macrumors 68000

Daveman Deluxe

Jun 17, 2003
    Corvallis, Oregon
    It's amazing. Nobody wanted to watch this kid's video until it came out that he DIDN'T want everybody to see it.

Anybody that watches this video while KNOWING the kid doesn't want to be seen is a jackass.
  6. dave1234 macrumors regular

Feb 1, 2003
    Link to Star wars kid...

I think the star wars kid is hilarious... that is the best sight for all of his stuff. But I guess there is a petition for him to make a Cameo in ep.3 , I hear they have quite a few signatures...
  7. tazo macrumors 68040

Apr 6, 2003
    Pacific Northwest, Seattle, WA actually
    Re: Link to Star wars kid...

I think it is sad that people are making fun of what is a travesty. People neglected to think of this kid's right to privacy and are now making money off of his misfortune! That's sick!