Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Games' started by msharp, Jul 13, 2004.
The StarCraft OS X Native Installer has come out!!!!!!
It really works!!! Go and give it a try!
!!!! and the irony of it all...i lost my cds recently...perhaps they'll turn up, but i have no problem shelling out another $20 to play this classic over. best game ever.
Just in time - my 15" PowerBook arrived yesterday and I have some installing to do. I was going to hold off on Starcraft for a while.
Great news! And for those who don't have this game (one of the best RTS games EVER), go to Best Buy and get the SC/BW combo set for a mere $9.99!
Get it here.
Just used it - works great!
Remember that you can make a disk image and then run without the CD using up power....
(1) First, install Starcraft and Brood War using new installer (or just Starcraft if that's all you have).
(2) Open Applications->Utilities->Disk Utility.
(3) Insert your Brood War CD (or just Starcraft if that's all you have)
(4) Click (on the left hand side of Disk Utility's main window) the "Session 1" icon (below your DVD drive, above "Brood War CD" or "Starcraft CD").
(5) Select "New Image" from the toolbar
(6) Format as "read only" (default), encryption "None" (default), named "Brood War CD" somewhere you'd like to keep it.
(7) Click "Save"
(8) When done, double-click on the image to open it, and then you can play the game without the CD. Note that this doesn't start the game, just makes the game think the CD is in... you still need to start the game itself from where ever you installed it.
What are the odds!!! Just yesterday, I went through hoops to copy classic files from an old computer at work to my ipod, so I could then install starcraft on my G5 at home. Now they come out with an OS X installer the next day! Oh, well. Now if only people knew how to hack starcraft to run at higher resolutions. Starcraft tends to look kinda bad running in its native resolution on my 23" cinema display.
it wouldn't be a hack. it would be a re-write of the graphics engine and every single texture in the entire game.
our only hope for high-res Starcraft is a sequel...they set up for it at the end of brood war (if you got to play the special bonus mission, you know what i mean...if not, i won't spoil it...let's just say you run into some interesting stasis pods.)...
I am sure Blizzard is brainstorming another Star Craft game. Between StarCraft and Diablo they know they have winners. I think WoW has them tied up, but SC is overdue for some work.
Blizzard have stated that they "fully intend to revisit the world of StarCraft on PC at some point in the future". Presumably by "PC" they mean Windows and Mac (the quote was from the FAQ of Ghost, a console game).
<deleted...didn't read entire post>
can someone remind me where the serial # is found on Brood War CDs? I actually have 2 legal copies of it... and can't locate any CD keys to play with!
Mine is a small sticker on the box, under where the CD usually sits. I have the Sierra Best Sellers Starcraft / Brood Wars combined DVD package.
Oh no, I think I threw out my boxes just last week!! Oh, that would be terrible. I hope I have the CD key somewhere else...