The still waiting on FedEx thread

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ks-man, Mar 16, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502a

Sep 25, 2007
    12:53pm local time with supposed delivery by 3pm. La-dee-da.

Who else is still sitting around anxiously awaiting the doorbell?
  2. macrumors newbie

Mar 8, 2012
    I am. It's currently 10:53, it says delivered by 4:30PM
  3. macrumors 6502

Sep 19, 2010
    Waiting. Will be here 4:30PM.

Edit: Local time 1:57PM
  4. macrumors regular

Feb 27, 2011
    SFBA, CA
    It's garbage day here, so it was rather disheartening to lookout the window and see a Garbage Truck :( They seem to have finished in my neighborhood so the next heavy truck that I hear should hopefully be for me, and any neighbors that have pre-ordered as well, of course :)
  5. macrumors member

May 31, 2010
    Southern California
    Me too! It's 10:54am in my neck of the woods, delivery should arrive "before 3 pm". What's worse is I've already seen a UPS truck and one FedEx truck drive by my apartments, pure torture! :eek:

6. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Sep 25, 2007
    Would it be wrong for us to sit on the front porch drinking a beer?

At least there is NCAA b-ball to pass the time.
  7. macrumors 6502

Oct 12, 2011
  8. macrumors 68040

Jul 6, 2008
    Atlanta, GA
  9. macrumors regular

Oct 7, 2011
    ditto, have spring break next week but rushed home today cause our Fedex guy is usually here by 9 in the morning. Looks like I could have slept in :(
  10. macrumors 6502a

Apr 19, 2010
    Phoenix, AZ
    Still waiting too, almost 11am. Still says arrives by 3pm so we'll see. I about lost it when I heard the UPS truck stop at a neighbor's house. C'mon, Fedex. :(
  11. macrumors 68040

Mar 15, 2005
    Waiting on FedEx, but it's just before 11am. I can't complain at all. I did a final backup of my original iPad, so I will be ready to sync.

If I have backlight bleed though, it will be going back to FedEx.

I usually get any FedEx package shortly before Noon, but considering it's iPad day, I have a feeling I might be waiting until this evening.
  12. macrumors member

Mar 12, 2012
    I'm usually one to roll with things, but my delivery time status was changed to 11:58pm today. I called Fedex and they say Apple allowed them to push it back to 8:00pm. It could still arrive earlier and I know my iPad is on the truck, but this bothers me.

Why? Because they changed the rules on game day. I made plans based upon the information provided, and now they tossed out a new parameter. It's not life-ending, but it's annoying. Very annoying.

A friend who lives a few miles from me received his iPads about an hour ago. I'm still here without a clue as to when mine will arrive.

Bad Apple. Bad Fedex. Learn to plan and live up to your commitments. If you scheduled it to arrive before 3:00, then deliver before 3:00.
  13. macrumors regular

Jun 21, 2010
    I'm still waiting. My FedEx page doesn't even show a "delivery by" date anymore, ever since the initial one of March 12th, 2012 was removed.
  14. macrumors member

Jan 10, 2012
    Same here. Except it's now 1:58. ;)
  15. macrumors 6502a

Nov 14, 2008
    I got faked out by the engine of the recycling truck. Seriously? No one recycles out here because you only come by once a month and you decide to make your trip today?

16. macrumors 68000

Oct 13, 2011
    1:00 pm but my fedex tracking says delivers by 10:00 pm :confused:
  17. macrumors 603

Apr 2, 2009
    Los Angeles Area
  18. macrumors regular

Jul 28, 2010
    or perhaps apple should have been less anal and let them start delivering yesterday to lower the load on fed ex. hard as it is to believe, they have other things to deliver today besides ipads.
  19. macrumors newbie

Apr 18, 2010
  20. macrumors member

Jun 23, 2010
    I just got mine delivered. Lady told me she's been doing iPad deliveries all day long and nothing else.
  21. macrumors member

Mar 9, 2012
    Our UPS guy showed up at like 10:30 this morning and I said "Hey! You're not my iPad!"

Still waiting at my office, 1:02 PM. It still says it will be here by 3, so I'm patiently waiting.
  22. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Sep 25, 2007
    The sad part for me is my daughter gets home from pre-school soon. It would have been nice for the new iPad to be mine for at least an hour or two. Now when it comes and gets setup it will go directly to her. I can try and pawn off the original on her but she'll quickly see there is something new and different and she's going to want that "hi-pad"

Damn FedEx....
  23. macrumors member

Mar 12, 2012
    Of course they do, but that's not my point. The shipping numbers were known almost a week in advance. Why wait until delivery day to change the schedule?
  24. macrumors 6502

Mar 12, 2012
    I'm ready! Backed up my 2, updated all the apps on iTunes (60!), grabbed Real Racing 2 HD for $2.99 for some 2048x1536 eye candy. Yeah been ready since 10 this morning.

48 minutes to go before Fedex misses my delivery "deadline" :( Could have gone and picked up the Apple TV, but of course if I did that I would have missed the delivery :rolleyes: It really is too bad the system didn't allow me to preorder for instore pickup which is what I really wanted to do.
  25. macrumors 65816

Jul 8, 2008
    On My iPhone, or my iPad?
    Hopefully FedEx will be on time! Mine just got here.