Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AlliFlowers

macrumors 601
Jan 1, 2011
L.A. (Lower Alabama)
Of course not. That's why we're now concentrating on the red worm. The worm is the brain, so to speak.

It's a parasite. A very nasty, deadly parasite. It's what had made this show so great from the beginning. Maybe a War of the Worlds type ending?

mscriv

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I have to believe there's a hidden angle. The Master is not that easy.
That's not the part that got me...

Of course not. That's why we're now concentrating on the red worm. The worm is the brain, so to speak.

This is the part that got me. The parasite concept is interesting in terms of being able to transition between hosts, but to actually make "the master" a big red worm! That's cheesy in my book.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
That's not the part that got me...

This is the part that got me. The parasite concept is interesting in terms of being able to transition between hosts, but to actually make "the master" a big red worm! That's cheesy in my book.

I guess it's possible, why not? :p Now that I've seen the 4th episode, it kinda got me. It's like the Master became a rank amateur in the survival game. Very poorly executed imo, almost like a realization on the producers' part we need to shake this story up, and not really having adequate time to plan or allow for it, so just throw up an unsatisfying quicky scene. :(

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Ok, I'm caught up to the latest episode called The Battle of Central Park. I was looking at my watch saying, they' better hurry up or the episode will be over. ;) Not the pacing that I expected for such a title. I thought the episode where the Master got his head chopped was kind of clumsy, but I now notice that the infections has spread world wide and I'm still thinking they decided on a major adjustment to the story. I wonder if it's been renewed for next season?

Anyway, I think they needed to shake things up a bit. We are in the third season of searching for the Master and coming close, time to shake if up and get it over with. However the last two episodes have held my interest, 4 more episodes to go for Season 3.

Reactions: AlliFlowers

BernyMac

macrumors regular
May 18, 2015
USA
As far as time line goes...how long has it been since the discovery of the plane until the present? Has it been a matter of months or days?

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
Yes, I heard they plan on wrapping it up with Season 4.

I am kind of bummed about this, but I can see why they will be ending it when they do.

Came across the news a little while back at http://deadline.com/2016/09/the-str...x-carlton-cuse-guillermo-del-toro-1201826976/ For some reason I thought it was already brought up in this thread, but I guess not.

I don't know if it was or wasn't brought up before, if it was, sorry about the rehashing of old information. I just learned about it today.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I am kind of bummed about this, but I can see why they will be ending it when they do.

I don't know if it was or wasn't brought up before, if it was, sorry about the rehashing of old information. I just learned about it today.
I was saying that it wasn't brought up until you mentioned it (in the context of me recalling coming across the article and thinking it would probably be good to share it here, but for some reason also thinking that it was already, which actually wasn't the case after all).

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Just caught up. After the mid season fumble, I'm now looking forward to the season finale next Sunday called the Fall (referencing NYC) and I'm glad next season will be the end. This kind of story seems better suited to a 3 seasons run, even with today's shortened schedules.

Last edited:

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Thanks to my obsession with politics, I'm 3 episodes behind. I can see binge watching this on November 9th!

I still don't understand why the Master allowed himself to be clumsily caught flat footed. That was a disappointment in story telling, a story breakdown, or a major shift in direction of which we can only guess the reason.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
So that we could learn that it is a hive mind?

Well yes, but they been chasing this guy for 3 seasons with at least one previous close call, and in this encounter, instead of being awe inspiring fast, dum de dum dum, he stands there letting his head be cut off. Completely underwhelming for a boss encounter. ;)

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Season 4 Premier, the last season July 16 2017.
Still haven't watched season 3...still somewhat debating on whether or not I'm going to go ahead with it (even though I've "invested" the time into the first two seasons).

Reactions: Huntn

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Still haven't watched season 3...still somewhat debating on whether or not I'm going to go ahead with it (even though I've "invested" the time into the first two seasons).
IMO, season 3 slipped. The show seems to be struggling with keeping it's story moving.

Last edited:

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
IMO, season 3 slipped. The show seems to be struggling with keeping it's story moving imo.
That's what I've heard. I kind of fell behind on keeping up with it, and then after hearing about season 3 not being as good it made me start thinking of whether or not I even really want to spend the time catching up and then going onto season 4. I'm still kind of undecided at the moment as part of me kind of wants to see how things wrap up ultimately, especially given that season 4 is the last one (and I've already seen half the story essentially).

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I'm 3 episodes into Season 4. Still watchable, but I'm ready to wrap this up.

• Ep is in Philadelphia poisoning stragoy.
  • Fet is looking for a nuke in a missile cycle in N. Dakota with his new girl friend.
  • Dutch is trying to escape a fertility center.
  • Last seen dragged away, Abraham's location is unknown.
  • Zach not content with saving the Master by setting off a nuke, is busy being his pawn and trying to get a girl friend.

mscriv

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Yep, I thought it was going to be a repeat of what we've seen over and over, but not this time. I'm glad to see we got some resolution in that area.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.