The Sufferings of the Dell Crowd

Discussion in 'Community' started by Black&Tan, May 2, 2005.

1. Black&Tan macrumors 6502a

Black&Tan

Customer Service hell as endured by the Techs and customers of Dell.

http://www.ihatedell.net/

Pretty entertaining reading. Reminds me how much better my Mac is. Imagine being told that you, the user, must replace the heatsink on your processor.

2. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Not wildly different from Apple suggesting that you,the user, should replace the midplane assembly in your iMac? ;)

I must confess that when I had a Dell, it did drive me batty that they expected me to be able to stay on the phone to them while finding the appropriate screwdriver and opening up the case just to confirm that the problem was what I suggested when I called them. That was fine for me, the day that they told my mother than she should open up her PC and check the cabling was when she really started thinking about getting her iBook

3. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

I got a dell from the job, nice little x300, great form factor for me, a corp pilot.
    First support call I make, after 40 minutes I get a guy who looks up our company info, and proclaims that we have the Platnum service, puts me on hold again before I can say a word, 20 minutes later, I get someone who answers my silly windows question in 30 seconds. I have never had an applecare call go over 20 minutes.

4. andrewfee macrumors 6502

It's just an option. :)

It's good for those of us with technical backgrounds, as it means downtime is minimal, instead of sending it away for (potentially) a few weeks.