The suspense is KILLING me!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by AaronICT, Mar 2, 2007.

1. AaronICT macrumors member

My mac pro is "On FedEx vehicle for delivery"!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have never geeked out over a computer purchase before, but I'm getting a little excited this time. Not sure how much longer I can wait and it's only 8am where I'm at. Argh!!

:apple: :apple: :apple: :apple: :apple:

2. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

lol @ "geeked out"

I'd be pretty excited too! Post some pics of the whole set up once it's up and running. and enjoy! :)

3. epochblue macrumors 68000

epochblue

^^ Agreed. I'd love to see some pics of the setup. Oh, and don't worry, I've had a few Macs in my day, if I had a Mac Pro "on FedEx truck for delivery" I'd be sh**ting frisbees too. :D

4. Legolamb macrumors 6502a

Legolamb

"Are we there yet? Are we there yet?", The Donkey in ShrekII:D

5. Legolamb macrumors 6502a

Legolamb

So if you lived where I am you may have had it by now :p

6. cschaeffer macrumors newbie

I feel your pain! I just got my first iMac that I ordered and the pain of waiting killed me, I even took a day off of work and waited for the Fedex guy. And he did not show up until 3:00 in the afternoon, wasted a whole day at home and still did not get it until late in the afternoon. But, it is up and running and I can not be more happier.

7. mrthieme macrumors regular

I'm reminded of an old saying, something like this: There is no greater pleasure than pleasure delayed. Enjoy

8. AaronICT thread starter macrumors member

I'm especially anxious because I've missed several deliveries this week. I ordered FCE with my Mac Pro and it shipped separately, actually showed up in town on Wednesday, the FedEx guy never came, no notice on door, nothing. We have a large picture window in our front room and I spent the WHOLE DAY in there. Nothing came, ever, but the driver reported I wasn't home. That used up one delivery attempt. Yesterday, he came and left during the 30-40 seconds I was in the bathroom! I was so upset.

So today, both are expected to get here, and I'm not going to the bathroom until they do! :eek:

9. OscarTheGrouch macrumors 6502

I would call FedEx and raise sand for the first one. This is why I always have stuff shipped to my work. :D

10. brad.c macrumors 68020

brad.c

Oh, man. Smoke'm if you got'm, but stay away from the beverages!

I hope it comes soon. I'd be every bit as excited as you are.

11. steveca macrumors 6502

In Malta the story is a little worse I am afraid... I have ordered my Macbook Pro on the 12th February and they said that it should be here by the 19th March, 12th March at best :(

Love for :apple: can hurt for a long time ;)

12. AaronICT thread starter macrumors member

And the day drags on....... FedEx, oh, FedEx, where the heck are you, FedEx?!

13. zblaxberg Guest

zblaxberg

I gotta remember that line

14. OscarTheGrouch macrumors 6502

I just saw my fedex guy, he told me they are messing with your mind :)

15. Keebler macrumors 68030

i wish i had your phone number b/c i'd call as fedex to say they were lost :)

that's not being evil,

just jealous as hell.

cheers,
    keebler

and i'm be sh*tting freesbees too. that's a great line.

16. AaronICT thread starter macrumors member

My complaint about the non-delivery attempt the other day must have reached someone, because the DRIVER just called me to verify I was home. He'll be here in 10 minutes with my Mac Pro! My copy of FCE is coming on another FedEx truck, since my computer's coming FedEx Ground and my software is coming FedEx Home Delivery.

Pictures to follow soon, posted from my new Mac. :) Still not sure what order to do everything I want to do in -- I think I'll go pee now since I've been holding it in. ;)

:D :apple: :D :apple: :D :apple: :D :apple:

17. mistyz23 macrumors member

mistyz23

I felt your pain last month! I watched my MBP go from Shanghai, to Anchorage, to Indianapolis, to Oakland, to Modesto, to my HOUSE!!! I swear to God that I creeped the delivery guy out because I nearly tackled the box from him. Then I ran into my house like a little gremlin returning to their cave with TREASURE!!! Muahahahaha.. treasure!

I'm still feeling the same way though... I heart my MBP.

18. mistyz23 macrumors member

mistyz23

Ahhh! Don't miss it! He could come at any minute. Don't you dare pee!

I just think it would be funny if you looked crazier than me because you peed yourself waiting for your laptop. :D :p

19. richard4339 macrumors 6502a

richard4339

Our local cable company did that. We had our door open all day airing the place out, and the repairman had the audacity to say we weren't home (there were 8 of us there that day), and that he put a note on the door (he didn't, obviously; he either didn't come period or went to the wrong place). They then told us it would be two weeks before they could get someone to come back to fix their mistake. I asked to speak to a supervisor, and got someone back there that evening.

Back on the subject at hand, Apple gives you the option to print out a delivery waiver. You sign it and put it on your door, and FedEx can leave said package.

20. AaronICT thread starter macrumors member

So, one last thought before it gets here. Taking a day off work, not peeing for over six hours, hitting reload on the FedEx tracking page every two minutes --- am I a fanboy now?

21. OscarTheGrouch macrumors 6502

Close.. when you take the laptop with you to the bathroom in order to still post, THEN you are a fanboy.

22. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

MacsRgr8

23. iEscapePod macrumors newbie

I think he did. I would guess unboxing is underway.

24. mistyz23 macrumors member

mistyz23

...is that not normal?! :p

25. OscarTheGrouch macrumors 6502

I've forgotten where I was sometimes and my battery died...