The "Swiftboating" of John Murtha

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by solvs, Jan 16, 2006.

1. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Well, if you can't beat them on facts... make stuff up to discredit them:

http://www.themoderatevoice.com/posts/1137302880.shtml

2. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

U.S. politics has found new low's when a drafting dodging Administration and republican party smear Kerry or Murtha who did show up for duty, did risk their lives and did serve in Vietnam with honor when guys like Bush,Cheney,Hastert,Rowe,Libby,Delay all managed lots of deferrals or were just missing somewhere with no records ever to be found. The country is being ran by draft dodgers and thats fine with the republican party as long as no sex scandal is going on.

3. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

The right wing certainly likes its meat red and raw.

4. solvs thread starter macrumors 603

solvs

That always seemed odd to me. You'd think people would listen to those who have actually been to war. They might know something BushCo doesn't. Bush hey, Bush is a war hero and Kerry (and now Murtha) is a cowardly traitor. That's they're story and their sticking to it.

Al Gore actually saw more combat than all of those people you mentioned put together.

5. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Its called spin and the dirty republicans have mastered the spin or slight truth stretching repackaged with a twist then spewed back into the media by fox, hannity,o'rielly and other types who have never donned a uniform as gospel truth.

6. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

What spin? All you have to do is say you're born again and POOF! You're elected. Anyone else automatically becomes a heathen traitor. :rolleyes:

7. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

I like your use of the term "swiftboating". Perhaps we should try to help that enter the lexicon:

Swiftboating (v.): The act of lying in order to discredit an opponent's accomplishments. Usually used as a cover for one's own inadequacies.

8. aquajet macrumors 68020

Link

Seems the neutrality is disputed...

9. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Of course. :rolleyes:

But I appreciate the reference. I'll be sure to use it in good health, along with "truthiness". :D

10. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

I think that it would be important to add the following:

Swiftboating (v.): The act of lying in order to discredit an opponent's accomplishments, always done through surrogates in order for those really responsible to be able to deny any connections to the lies. Usually used as a cover for one's own inadequacies. see Bush, George W. campaigns against Anne Richards, John McCain, Al Gore, and John Kerry*; Bush, George H. W. campaign against Michael Dukakis. See also Rove, Karl in any campaign in his career.

*The 2004 campaign against John Kerry and his illustrious career as a Swift Boat commander during the Vietnam war gives its name to this scurrilous practice.

Just so no one misses the point. ;)

11. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Disgusting. Republicans should be ashamed.

Of course, if Democrats would like to learn how to defend against these kinds of attacks they should 'swiftboat' a Republican and watch as they get spanked down for it.... and take notes.