The Thread of ALL consoles.

Discussion in 'Games' started by XNine, Dec 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    There.

If you want to fight over which console is better, here you go. Keep it in here so we can keep the rest of the forum clean. Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo lovers, haters, skeptics and fanboys are all welcome to join in the festivities.

2. beige matchbox macrumors 6502a

beige matchbox

Their all rubbish, buy a PC and be happy :D lol

Or, just buy the platform with the games you want, job done :cool:

3. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

4. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

i like the pc, and the playstation 2, among the consoles i have. i can't get on xbox live that often, so that lessens my love of my xbox. ps2 has gran turismo and grand theft auto (at first). pc has <insert fps here>. i just beat call of duty 2 for pc, and i must say it was a *much* more enjoyable experience than on xbox 360 (albeit i played that for like an hour).

i don't care what console people like/use and i'd thank them to do the same. i'm all for discussion as far as what is best, and advice and such, but i can't stand it when people say stuff like "omg ur gaY cuz j00 likez0rz da 360!1 itz fur nubz"

5. G5Unit macrumors 68020

G5Unit

PC is the best by far, to bad I can't enjoy it.:rolleyes:

6. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

OC?

7. XNine thread starter macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?

Agreed. I love XBox, 360, and PSX/PS 2. I had a hard on for NES and SNES when I was younger, those were great.

I'm not a PC gamer much. Some games I do like (Black & White is one of them) but I've always been a console gamer, always will be. The keyboard/mouse combo does nothing for me at all.

8. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

9. csubear macrumors 6502a

csubear

I personally like my Atari 2600 the best... 2600 > 360 right?? lol

10. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

i cant complain. i got all the current gen. consoles including the psp and GBA, DS(got one last night) so i dont care which is best.

Bless

11. maya macrumors 68040

maya

Let's play along and amuse Onizuka. ;) :D

The best games in the world are "mind games." ;)

Technology is outdated and soo 20th century. ;) :D

12. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

teh best consol3 is teh 1 with teh best grafix omg. 360 roXXors coz itz HDee! OMG!

13. dotdotdot macrumors 68020

Well, considering there are eight major consoles out now (PC, PS2, PSP, XBox, XBox 360, GameCube, GameBoy Advance (includes Micro and SP) and Nintendo DS) this could actually be a good discussion.

To Organize:

HANDHELD PREVIOUS GENERATION: GameBoy Advance
    HANDHELD CURRENT GENERATION: Sony PSP, Nintendo DS
    CURRENT GEN. CONSOLES: XBox, PlayStation 2, GameCube (and Dreamcast), PC
    NEXT GEN. CONSOLES: XBox 360, PC

14. d_saum macrumors 6502

d_saum

hahahahaha.... Dude, you are making me laugh sooooo hard. Because you are being such a baby about all this, I am now going to be the proverbial fanboy with the sole intention of aggravating you! If someone starts a nintendo thread, Im going to be a sony or M$ fanboy. If someone starts an xbox thread, I'll be touting how much better Nintendo or sony is. and so on and so on. hehehe..... you really have issues. Just playin about being the proverbial fanboy though. :p

15. reberto macrumors 65816

reberto

Xbox 360 is the best. Unless you have a $3000 PC, it is the best gaming rig that can hold a stedy 60fps.

16. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Incorrect. the GBA is still current gen. the DS is not here to replace the GBA as 99% of people think. the GBA is going strong still and its next generation is the GBA2/Magma or whatever its going to be called.

just to turn up the flames...

The 360 is the biggest waste of money you can blow at the moment, apart from spending hundreds of a fake designer coat or whatever. It lacks content, its media centre is sub-par. its basically the PSP of the console world. it looks pretty (or not) but does produce pretty visuals. though it lacks the fundamental greatest factor in gaming; fun!

^my opinion.

but really. I love my original Xbox. Now I have my new screen I'm going to backup my Halo save file and play through again, play a few legal roms and yea. good machine. if only the 360 was truly next gen, if only it could wow me into buying one like the original. ho hum. I don't mind Microsoft. testament to their hardware prowess I'm still using a Microsoft optical mouse from about 4 years ago. Why is the 360 such an anomaly :confused: Maybe its just me, or maybe its not, but the 360 just feels like Microsoft are desperate to make money. its a bit pathetic, whats the price of the wireless dongle again? extra HDD? I do like the price of the controllers though- £25 is not that much to pay for a seemingly good controller. but £15 for a faceplate? £50 a game (don't say "its next gen, they cost more to make". PC games of equal quality have been produced for years and they are extremely cheap), charging to play online, charging for extra themes n junk, whats next? charging for boot ups? all with the fear of the system just breaking at any point or destroying your discs when standing vertically? load times?
    no. 360 Rev B and a decent game- i may be there.

17. d_saum macrumors 6502

d_saum

Ummm..... do you not know what the word "console" means??? A game console .... primary function = play video games with output to a tv.

1 PC is not a console, its a PC
    2 PSP is not a console, its a handheld
    3 GameBoy (see #2)

so really, there are only 4 "CONSOLES"

18. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

If you're going to be smart and insist on using definitions, at least get the definitions correct.

Thanks to Wikipedia. They go on to say that the output is USUALLY a TV or computer monitor and input USUALLY controller- but under this definition, a handheld is a dedicated electronic device designed to play video games and is therefore a console. :p

19. After G macrumors 68000

After G

Favorite current gen console ... I am torn between PS2 and Gamecube. I like the RPGs, the "epic" games like God of War, Ico, Shadow of the Colossus, and the "Katamari Damacy" games on PS2, but I think I have more fun when playing the Gamecube, with games like Resident Evil 4.

Favorite portable ... DS hands down. Played WarioWare Touched for the whole day yesterday ... so much fun. If the Revolution is anything like the DS I'm sold. But I don't know if I want to spend a lot on a DS. $149 is kinda steep.

Favorite next-gen console ... dunno yet. Won't get a 360 out of principle; just don't like to support Microsoft. Debating value of PS3 ... mmm yummy RPGs. Revolution is kinda wait and see at this point.

20. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

I'd like to see a separate XBox 360 and PS3 forum in a subforum of Consoles, within the Games forum in Mac Software. Any 'trolling' within these subforums will be met with instant and irrevocable account and IP banning.

Here's to the Crazy Ones [​IMG]

21. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

This will not end prettily, so it's ending here.

If you want to discuss the merits of your choice of platforms without resorting to infantile backbiting feel free to start properly considered threads.

Macrumors does not condone the shoddy testing of faulty hardware on the gaming public.

We like Christmas pudding with brandy butter though... Ohhh yes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.