The Times & iTunes offer free Bloc Party

Discussion in 'MacBytes.com News Discussion' started by MacBytes, Oct 17, 2005.

1. macrumors bot

2. macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Hmm, I wonder if this is a continuation of the 8 weeks of free mixed 'albums' they did over the summer. I hope so... there's been some interesting music on them so far.

Btw, it's UK/ROI only.

3. Moderator emeritus

devilot

Just bought the Bloc Party album a couple of days ago. I like them! Didn't at first, but they have definitely grown on me.

4. macrumors 65816

asif786

The Engineers Mix of 'Blue Light' is absolutely fantastic - I suggest you take a listen..

In terms of this promo, I just left my email. They emailed and said:

damn :rolleyes:

5. macrumors 65816

Kernow

Same here. I didn't get his voice at first, but I gradually found the songs creeping into my head and getting stuck there and now it is up there in the 25 most played in iTunes.

I haven't heard this remix they are offering, so I'll definitely check this out when I get home. I haven't really heard much from the other groups so it'll be interesting to hear them. Can't go wrong with free music. :)

6. Moderator emeritus

devilot

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll look them up! And hey, at least you're in the UK and can take advantage of this offer! :(
    I agree! His voice sound like... well like he's curling his tongue into the back of his throat. It still gets on my nerves now, but it is balanced by the really fun beats and instrumentals. :D

7. macrumors member

I fell in love with Bloc Party quite a while ago when I saw them perform on Later With Jools Holland. For anyone who likes quite a bit of indie music I would definitely recommend you give them a listen. Sounds like arty punk with a strange mad singer and a lot of drumming. Highlights including: Helicopters, So Here We Are, Like Eating Glass, Banquet (Remix), etc. :D

8. macrumors 65816

Kernow

Grr. Stupid Times. :mad: Was looking forward to this when I got home. Oh well - it will be a pleasant surprise next week when I've completely forgotten about it.

9. Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Didn't stop me! :D

Edit: I got the same message as Asif.

10. Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

11. macrumors 65816

Kernow

Just got mine and downloading now. For some reason it is also downloading the video for Oh La La by Goldfrapp - an album I bought a couple of months ago. :confused: Not a problem, just confused by the timing.