The True Meaning Of MR Members Name

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by 2nyRiggz, Jan 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Whats the meaning of your MR member name?
    Is it a nickname, your given name, a random name or a name you like and wanted because it sounds cool?

My Member name is my real name.

Tony (2 replaces the TO) 2ny.

Bless

2. maestro55 macrumors 68030

maestro55

I like the term "maestro" and Maestro was taken so I added the 55 which has no meaning what-so-ever.

3. heaven macrumors 6502a

heaven

I dont know when i started using this nickname, seems to me that i used it forever.. :rolleyes:

heaven |?hev?n| noun

1 a place regarded in various religions as the abode of God (or the gods) and the angels, and of the good after death, often traditionally depicted as being above the sky.
    • God (or the gods) : Constantine was persuaded that disunity in the Church was displeasing to heaven.
    • Theology a state of being eternally in the presence of God after death.
    • informal a place, state, or experience of supreme bliss : lying by the pool with a good book is my idea of heaven.
    • used in various exclamations as a substitute for “God” : Heaven knows! | good heavens!

2 (often heavens) poetic/literary the sky, esp. perceived as a vault in which the sun, moon, stars, and planets are situated. : Galileo used a telescope to observe the heavens.

4. vniow macrumors G4

The true meaning of my name would make the brains of mere mortals turn to mush, I will not divulge this information for the safety of MR members.

For those who dare, its part of my name, and an anagram of a couple Klingon words which mean "one who is alien".

5. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

tobefirst...

to be first...

It's kind of a mantra or motivation. In everything I do I want to be the best at it, I want to achieve and do well...I want to be first.

6. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

there's a couple of older threads in here about that, but as such i am too lazy too look right now :p

my username is pretty easy: my first name is Blue (yes, it's my real name) so iBlue. ;)

7. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

well mine has no high significance to me any more.
    but it was originally concieved as a result of reading Dante's Inferno (well the whole Divine Comedy really). Seeing that the city in hell is referred to as 'Dis' i took that to create Place Of Dis, ie hell. yeah. i have a degree in english. i am a dork. and nerd. and geek.

8. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

Like a lot of people who try to sign up for forums and the like, my first two dozen or so attempts at thinking up an original username ended up with me learning that someone had already taken it. Looking around for inspiration, I spotted a half-eaten packet of Jaffa Cakes on my desk – and that was that.

9. dcv macrumors G3

Sounds *very* familiar... guess what I spotted on my coffee table!

10. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Raggedjimmi was a name that MSN generated for me so many years ago, when the clamed down on "have any name for MSN's web services" to "ya gotta stick with one, ya buggers". seeing my email address was raggedjimmi and I'm a lover of clothes and style I thought Ragged would have been a brilliant funny thing to do... for a second. but then I clicked Save.

11. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    And what I spotted...

Not really, as my sig says, it's the English translation of my surname

12. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

13. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Mine is my name: Lee Kohler. And yes it's my whole, real name. No Leonard or Leopold BS, just Lee. :)

14. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

Way back when I started college this was the username that they assigned to me. First 2 initials+first 6 letters of my last name. Only made more confusing that the common nickname for my given name has the same first letter as my middle name. Since I almost always go by the more informal name very few people ever understand the 'a' at the beginning, when most people tend to think of my first name beginning with a 't'.

The reason I stick with it is that it became second nature to type this at any login prompt so it is probably the fastest 8 letters that I can type. It is also fairly unique so I can readily get it on any site where a username is required.

As far as pronunciation goes I usually refer to it as "a t syman" or "@ syman".

15. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

16. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

thanks ;)

don't believe what they say about the real world - it's just a rumor :D
    ...and despite having met you and knowing your "real" name, i still feel compelled to call you "Q" or Doctor Q - it just fits. you know my son still calls that stuffed elephant "Q". awwwww :)

17. kainjow Moderator emeritus

kainjow

Me too!! :)

18. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

An' here I thought you were a man that was all atszy. I figured that to be in a state of Atsz was something cool.

Way to shatter my illusions, dude :D

Well, mine is really boring. It's not because I am particularly sheepish, or particularly horny... It's the name of my business, and the Dall's Sheep arrived in a moment of sleep-deprived madness when other members were heckling me about not having a 'tar (you know who you are). Now it's kinda familiar, so short of dressing him up with santa hats and the like, I guess he's staying.

Remember: dumb as a sack of hammers, but I'll butt heads with anyone - I'm da 'RAM.

19. freeny macrumors 68020

freeny

I was going to go with my first choice and my official rap name- "Bustahymen".

But instead I went with my last name.

20. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

From another thread in another place and time:

Several of my friends were older than I and going to college while I was still in HS. They kind of took over the radio station at Johns Hopkins and developed a format called Not Available Radio, which was devoted mainly to underground progressive and fusion (think Eno, Henry Cow, National Health, Gentle Giant, Eloy, and such). I got a show there and had to come up with a good name for it. In a legendary bout of drinking err, inspiration, we came up with "The Continuing Adventures of Zelmo the Wonder Lizard," a name which has absolutely nothing to do with either the extraordinary length of my tongue or anything else, at least as near as I can recall or am willing to put in writing. I've been zelmo ever since.
    As to why I didn't go with zelmo as my MR name from the get go? No idea whatsoever.

Sorry the story is not very clever. I guess I could have embellished it a bit. Feel free to add your own twists. Perhaps we can develop a script. Hollywood will make just about anything into a movie these days.

21. Nickygoat macrumors 6502a

Nickygoat

Nice to clear that up - I was wondering if it was to do with a traditional schoolyard insult ;) :p :D
    Mine's a nickname - related to an ex girlfriend. Long story.

22. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

Er... that's not an insult I've ever encountered. Dare I enquire to its nature?

23. Nickygoat macrumors 6502a

Nickygoat

You're joking right? Growing up as a good Yorkshire lad? You never called anyone a Jaffa? Sheesh - no wonder you lot became Humberside :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.