Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

atszyman

macrumors 68020
Sep 16, 2003
The Dallas 'burbs
CanadaRAM said:
An' here I thought you were a man that was all atszy. I figured that to be in a state of Atsz was something cool.

I have no delusions about being cool. I'm an engineer. Not even my wife thinks I'm cool, and it's only a matter of time before our daughter figures it out.

Heck even my stock symbol wouldn't be cool....:D

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Aug 1, 2004
The City of Culture, Englandshire
Nickygoat said:
You're joking right? Growing up as a good Yorkshire lad? You never called anyone a Jaffa?
No! I suppose it can't have made its way over here to my little corner of the county – unless of course all the other kids were calling me it behind my back!
Nickygoat said:
Sheesh - no wonder you lot became Humberside :D
Hey – now you are getting insulting... :p ;)

rockthecasbah

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2005
Moorestown, NJ
rockthecasbah = "Rock The Casbah," the song by The Clash. There are many interpretations of the song and what its true meaning was from, one being the following from Wiki
The song was inspired by the banning of rock music in Iran under Ayatollah Khomeini. The song gives a fictitious account of the ban being defied by the population who proceed to "rock the casbah", causing the King to order jet fighters to bomb the revellers. The pilots ignore the orders, and instead play rock music on their cockpit radios. The song does not mention Iran, nor does it give the specifics of any Islamic nation, and in fact it uses Arabic terms instead of Persian, mentioning casbah, sharif, bedouin, and sheikh. It is one of the more light-hearted songs by the Clash, particularly as they were well-established as a political band. Political undertones are often read into the song.

Others belive that the song was refering to bloodshed being spilled in the Casbahs, older parts of middle eastern nations, and the violence between Arab and Non-Arab nations.

Nickygoat

macrumors 6502a
Dec 11, 2004
London
Jaffa Cake said:
No! I suppose it can't have made its way over here to my little corner of the county – unless of course all the other kids were calling me it behind my back!
You never know :p
Jaffa Cake said:
Hey – now you are getting insulting... :p ;)
Hymers & Ionians?

Nickygoat

macrumors 6502a
Dec 11, 2004
London
Blue Velvet said:
bv047.jpg
Crossing that with the theme from The Empire Strikes Back makes me never want to give to charity again, nor go anywhere near Chelsea. West London come to that ;)

freeny

macrumors 68020
Sep 27, 2005
jadekitty24 said:
Jadekitty24
Jade=my middle name.
kitty='cuz it's cute, or so I'm told
24=the # of my favorite Nascar driver

I try to use this for everything to cut down on confusion.
WOW! a chick who likes Nascar! where were you before I got married?;)

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
Shard is simply an alias which I have used for a long time. I came up with it on my own about 10 years ago or so, and always thought it would be a cool superhero, etc. type of name, and have always used it as my online alter-ego (or is it my real ego? :eek: :cool: ) So for Forums, e-mail, even the lead character in my screenplay, it's always been Shard. The tildes are simply for effect. ;) :cool:

MacsRgr8

macrumors G3
Sep 8, 2002
The Netherlands
Hah!

Just try to contradict mine :p

Kernow said:
You sir, are more cunning than a fox who's just been appointed as Professor of Cunning at Oxford University. :D

Wasn't that Balldrick's attempt..? :D

BTW.. where's my favourite: nuckinfutz?

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
Lord Blackadder said:
I can't tell you what mine means....it's just so deliciously subtle though!

I loved that show. :cool: One of my favorite quotes was by Blackadder after seeing Baldrick's Charlie Chaplin impression:

"Baldrick, in the Amazonian rain forest, there are tribes of Indians, as yet untouched by civilization, who've developed more convincing Charlie Chaplin impressions than yours."

:D

Lord Blackadder

macrumors P6
May 7, 2004
Sod off
Kernow said:
You sir, are more cunning than a fox who's just been appointed as Professor of Cunning at Oxford University. :D

...and as happy as a Frenchman who's just invented a pair of self-removing trousers!

dops7107

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2005
Perth, Oztrailya
I never intended to hang around on MR for so long so I didn't give it much thought... on my Mac at work some of the computers have their node names stuck on them. As for what "dops" stands for... maybe for another time :)

I'm such a teaser aren't I? :p

Danksi

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2005
Nelson, BC. Canada
Kernow said:
Mine is the name of the county in the UK I was born in, in the local language.

Cornwall?

Mine's a nickname based on my surname, Danks. Though usually pronounced 'Danksy', I've always written it as 'Danksi'.

It's amazing the effect it has on people's eyesight - loads of people respond to me as Dan-ski.

:)

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
Lord Blackadder said:
...and as happy as a Frenchman who's just invented a pair of self-removing trousers!

George said that one, right? :)

Hmm, is this the "MacRumors Name" thread, or the "Famous Blackadder Quotes" thread? :p ;) :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.