The "True Video" iPod

Discussion in 'iPod' started by fcarea, Jun 6, 2006.

1. fcarea macrumors newbie

I assume this iPod plays music, right?? From what I've seen, it looks to be about the size of the current video, except the entire front is a touch-screen (the controls are virtual).

I'm sort of anxious for the damn thing to come out because my Photo keeps breaking. (I just received my second replacement from Apple a few days ago, but I'm selling it on eBay since its likely have the same future as its predecessors.) I don't want to buy one of the current models because they've all been around forever!

2. Jay42 macrumors 65816

Jay42

Yes, I could never see Apple releasing an iPod that wouldn't play music. You might want to hold onto the photo, there are no promises that this will be coming any time soon, if at all.

3. Vroengard macrumors newbie

I have had a 3G ipod for like 3 years and i was planning on buying a ipod video this summer but about a month ago i heard about this new iPod, i am planning on waiting for it. The main reasont that i am getting one is that my battery sucks soo i just bought me this thing called a solio. Here check it out its pretty cool. http://www.solio.com/v2/

4. killuminati macrumors 68020

killuminati

Those are all fakes or mockups. The truth is, nobody knows what the video iPod will look like or what it will do. I assume though that it will still play music.

5. MattyMac macrumors 68000

MattyMac

Also, since they just released the U2 iPod in the same exact form factor as the current model today, they most likely wont be releasing a new model any time soon....unfortunately

6. treblah macrumors 65816

treblah

Not necessarily. When the first U2 iPod was released it kept the 4G monocrome display while the iPod photo was released the same day. It was only a few months later that the U2 got a color display and then shortly after that it was discontinued. It does not really appear to be on any type of schedule in relationship to the 'regular iPod' life cycle.

I would bet it is only introduced/updated every time Steve loses a bet to Bono. ;)