The Trust Gap

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Feb 12, 2006.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

new york times editorial

i admit i don't read their editorials all the time, but i can't recall one as, well, bold as this one. not only is the bush adminstration scolded for its failure to comprehend the structure of our democracy, but they out and out accuse bush of lying.

i wonder if the WH will respond.

2. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

I'm sure they will say something to the effect that the NYT has an obvious liberal bias, that Americans hate negativity, and that despite what the editorial says, real progress has been made for the Iraqi people.

More likely, the WH won't even respond to it...it'll be done through their propagandists: Rush Limbaugh, Bill O'Reilly, Ken Mehlman, etc.

But you're right, in these days of cowed and controlled media, that editorial is an unusually bold statement.

3. zimv20 thread starter macrumors 601

zimv20

i think the nyt realizes it's lost some credibility under the bush administration, for not only shirking its duty of challenging but letting ms miller run amok with the truth.

perhaps this is the beginning of its return to duty.

4. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Some of the media are starting to have guts again. After 9/11 they let alot of stuff pass, but people are turning on Bush because of all his screw ups. So goes the MSM.