The truth about Mac gaming?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Daveman Deluxe, Jul 4, 2004.

1. applekid macrumors 68020

Way, way, way, way, way, way old movie. :(

However, that Red vs. Blue is a good show. :)

2. jimsowden macrumors 68000

jimsowden

Whats wrong with people. You make a video (granted its old) that isn't true, look like an idiot, film it like crap, and use a standard apple invented. Its not even MPEG! Thats like me making a video about how PCs always crash and the only photo application is paint, dressing up like a monkey, and posting it in WMV. Way to go guys.

3. BrianKonarsMac macrumors 65816

i thought it was hilarious. true as well. the only game i play on mac...WARCRAFT 3!

4. Ari_0 macrumors regular

On a slightly different but related topic, whatever happened to connectix VGS programme? Is that still around? I can think of at least 6 PSX games I would use it for... :cool:

5. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

I thought it was hilarious as well. Not true, obviously - just look at all the hot Mac games that you can't play on a PC....

Of course, I love WCIII, so I'm happy. And I've got an Xbox for when I need to do some serious gaming. Which I suck at. Which is why: (a) I don't turn on the Xbox much lately, and (b) I think Mac games are great.

6. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

Same thing here but with a PS2, i love playing games, but im reallly not all that great at 'em. But hey thats why there are cheat codes and as long as you have fun thats all that matters

7. Ninja_Turtle macrumors 6502

party

haha this video is halarious...i love it, i must admit i rarely play games on my mac (quake3) is all i play, and yeah, very true about upgrading...haha i love this video...i still wouldnt buy a PC tho...Macs for life!

8. MacFan26 macrumors 65816

MacFan26

But still sort of funny :)

Yay! someone else who doesn't mind using cheat codes ;)

9. applekid macrumors 68020

eBay or Flarestorm or PCSX.

Buying CVGS would require you to boot into OS 9.

Flarestorm is still in infant stages, basically. It runs a few games, a bit glitchy though.

PCSX is still being ported, so just watch out for the release sometime soon.

10. bux macrumors regular

It's quite fun too see people not knowing the diffrents between a PC and a OS :)
    (PC != Windows)

11. Benjamin macrumors 6502a

Benjamin

12. jemeinc macrumors 6502a

First time I've ever seen it— now what makes you say you "hope not" ?... Just curious why everyone should have seen it previously...

13. applekid macrumors 68020

It was getting a lot of attention in Mac news and also PC news. Also, the creators are the creators of the greatest online show I've ever seen, Red vs Blue.

14. _pb_boi macrumors 6502

I know it's definately on Limewire, the name rings a bell when I was searching for freebie emulators last night. But booting into OS 9 would be a drag... and isn't VGS only the original Playstation (CD) discs?

andy.

15. applekid macrumors 68020

The emulator (CVGS) is not free (there is a demo that is free).

It may be unavailable, but it is still protected by copyright.

It can run back-ups, I think, or at least mine were personally burned by me and work fine.

PCSX is a superior emulator anyway when it comes out. So just wait for it.

16. Ari_0 macrumors regular

There must be at least one descent emulator on Mac OS X that would work fine on say, a 1GHz PowerBook. Isnt there? I mean for Christ's sake, not even a CPS2 one?

17. applekid macrumors 68020

Emuscene.com

18. Ari_0 macrumors regular

wow, that site's better than arcade@home. cheers :cool: