The U.S. Is Brewing Up a Disaster for the Kurds

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Mar 1, 2004.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

link

2. Frohickey macrumors 6502a

Maybe...

I think that what the US Army ought to do is when it comes time to pull out, that they US Army drives everything up north, and leave everything over to the Kurds. A few field manuals translated to Arabic would be good as well. :p

3. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

As I was reading this post I could not help but think of the remarks at the Oscars about going down the rabbit-hole again. Wasn't it University of Michigan professors who wrote the Constitution for the new "Republic of South Vietnam"? It just keeps getting curiouser and curiouser.

4. diamond geezer macrumors regular

Are you talking about US soldiers leaving the cities and retreating to their permanent bases, or leaving Iraq totally??

You could be waiting many years.

5. Frohickey macrumors 6502a

I'm talking about the US soldiers leaving Iraq. Instead of packing up everything to send back stateside, and hopping on a plane in Baghdad International to get back to the states, the Army should drive everything they have to Northern Iraq (Kurdish territory), and leave everything there. I bet the Sunnis and Shiites wouldn't be as condescending to the Kurds that way. Turks would be p!ssed too. :p