Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AlBDamned

macrumors 68030
Mar 14, 2005
It is indeed.

Must be new stuff to show right after the keynote?

Edit: Or maybe not if the US store is still up, though it's often one of the last to go down...

So it really begins!

NATO

macrumors 68000
Feb 14, 2005
Northern Ireland
There's probably no actual need to pull the stores down prior to a new product launch (instant launches have been done before where the new product just appears on the store)

I'm convinced the techs at Apple are just having a launch at us as we get all worked up as the suspense builds...

nomad01

macrumors 68000
Aug 1, 2005
Birmingham, England
NATO said:
There's probably no actual need to pull the stores down prior to a new product launch (instant launches have been done before where the new product just appears on the store)

I'm convinced the techs at Apple are just having a launch at us as we get all worked up as the suspense builds...

I think it's to avoid people buying an item that may be about to be updated. Instant updates don't seem to happen very often. Even minor product changes seem to see the store coming down.

xfiftyfour

macrumors 68030
Apr 14, 2006
Clemson, SC
yeah, but it's not just "down" - it says they're updating and will be back within the hour. seriously, what else could that mean except for some new items..? :D

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Just routine maintenance. Nothing to see here. Move along. :D

deepy

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2006
What happened to them being back within the hour? i think its been a bit longer than that? hasnt it?

deepy

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2006
But iiiiii want to see what they changgggged now! I want more products.....ugpraded products...cheaper products...more rebates and a free gift when i buy a macbook. thats all.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.