The Underwhelming Apprentice

Discussion in 'Community' started by themadchemist, Jan 21, 2005.

1. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

Is it me or are the new Apprentice contestants just not up to the mark? Where did The Donald (TM) find these people?!

2. allisonv7 macrumors 6502

I enjoyed it and thought the contestants were OK. During the second season it took me a coulple episodes to really get into the new people. I'm hoping I'll like this one just as much as the first two. :) I was a little taken aback though by the man at the 21 club who dropped the 'F' bomb at a classy dinner with Donald Trump :rolleyes:

allison.

3. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

my family has berkeley and julliard grads, politicians (including george mitchell), and other college grads in it

my family also has a large contingent of non college grads who got into real estate, the restaurant business, owning shopping malls, and the entertainment business

and guess what?

the non college grads in my family, if i look at my 50 closest relatives, made more money...so my verdict...street smarts wins

and in my first 28 years, i was only a holder of a high school diploma and i had more impressive jobs (CIA, managerial positions, supervisor of employees) and made more money in those years

in the past 13 years since i have been a college grad, no double college grad with AA and BA, and toss in a technical certification (MCP) in there too, i have made less money and i have not supervised anybody, was never once a manager, and i didn't get to hang around spies..so go figure

4. DavidLeblond macrumors 68020

DavidLeblond

I got confused a lot on the show last night, because I'm use to the "College Grad" people on the Apprentice being ... well... intelligent. Where the hell did they find THESE people? Certainly not from MY college. I do believe, as usual, it is rigged all to hell and back.

5. Norouzi macrumors 6502

I think it's an interesting twist to have a group of college grads vs. a group of highschool grads. I can't really get into the contestants until there are about 5 per team anyway. But I'm glad to see that at least it's not the exact same show each time around. It's also just the first episode, so I'll reserve judgement until at least the 3rd or 4th.