The Unofficial™ Bush bashing thread

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by wmmk, Sep 21, 2006.

1. wmmk macrumors 68020

wmmk

OK, in a lot of other threads, hard core lefties have been getting bashed for bashing Bush. the man has thrown our economy down the drain and killed thousands of innocent Iraqi civilians. he deserves as much cricizism he can get. if you're a conservative with a valid point, feel free to post here, if you want to flame war, save mods the trouble of having to moderate a huge debate. Bash away!!!

2. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

I blame Bush for the cancelation of Star Trek: Enterprise -- or should I be praising him for that. :confused:

3. lord patton macrumors 65816

lord patton

Bush has done pretty well on the economy, in the short term.

Long term is when we'll feel the pinch of his profligacy. And by long term, I mean before my fetus graduates high school.

4. jamesmcd macrumors 6502a

jamesmcd

I am a member and supporter of the Liberal Party here (ACT). This party is probably the most far-right party in NZ, slightly righter than National. I think Bush is a hypocrite and should be on trial for mass-murder. Don't think all Right-Wing supporters around the world support the Republicans. ;)

5. Demoman macrumors regular

No sure which threads are bashing Bush bashers. I am pretty sure his only supporters are oil companies, extreme religions and most of his family. Most of the republicans have dumped him too.

6. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Indeed...I blame him for American cheese tasting like cardboard.

Bless

7. Foxglove9 macrumors 65816

Foxglove9

Where is the Official™ thread then?

The best thing about Bush is that he makes Clinton look SO much better.

8. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Do we really need a special thread for this? Seems like Bush-bashing is a part of half the topics in the Political Forum.

Not that it isn't deserved.

9. aquajet macrumors 68020

After the November 2004 election, my neighbor, vehemently anti-Republican, became so distraught over the re-election of Bush that she slipped into a rather serious bout of situational depression. As a coping mechanism, she adopted a dog who would later become impregnated by a neighborhood stray. Of course in her compromised emotional state, due in part to her employment at FEMA in the aftermath of Katrina, she couldn't help herself and was overcome by those oh-so-intoxicating puppy dog eyes and eventually decided to keep one pup from the litter. Neither are fixed, and both are excessively aggressive towards one another and often get into viscous territorial disputes which keeps everybody in our immediate vicinity awake at night. The mother also has a psychotic obsession with emergency vehicles, providing an excruciating counterpoint to the already eardrum-shattering, nails-on-chalkboard air-horns. As a result of all this, I often have trouble sleeping at night, and I blame President Bush.

10. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

Now if you wanted to start Cheney rant, I'm game for that. A man is known for the company he keeps, or something to that effect.

11. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

American Cheese is the worst cheese EVER. I don't understand why people like it so much, it is too rubbery and processed beyond imagination. UGH. It's so bad, that I become a pain when I go out to eat and order grilled cheese, I HAVE to have cheddar cheese. I'd rather eat grilled bread than have American Cheese on the sandwich.

12. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

He's not only responsible for the death of Iraqi citizens but he's responsible for the death of many of the coalition troops in Iraq who wouldn't be there otherwise. He says "Commander-in-Chief" as if it's part of game he's playing.

"Hey, it's my turn to be the leader. Everyone listen to me!" Yeesh.

13. Kingsly macrumors 68040

Kingsly

My grandpa died. I blame Bush for not being there to give him CPR.

Seriously, though. I don't care if you want to bash Bush. That is one of the things that makes this country great: freedom to have a differing opinion without fear or repercussions. Bash away. JUST MAKE SURE YOUR FACTS ARE STRAIGHT... Use that google bar! [and I dont mean opinions generated by talking heads in the news... look for real facts such as US census data or congressional transcripts]

Enjoy:
    if the economy is failing, then why is it growing at a rate of 2.9% per quarter?
    From the CIA world factbook:
    Also, the 2005 unemployment rate hung around 5.0% [this is measured by large corporations, even though the largest job provider is mom & pop stores, which makes the unemployment potentially much lower], whereas in 1995 it was at 5.7% Hmmmm...
    source

As for the war, last time I checked it was the insurgents killing Iraqi civilians, not US troops. How many Iraqis died under Saddam's rule?

:)

14. angelneo macrumors 68000

Funny that you bring this up as I just came across a BBC article on this...
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/5368360.stm

15. njmac macrumors 68000

njmac

The economy is showing signs of weakening. If you check reputable economic news like Reuters or Bloomberg daily, you will begin to see that the US economy is weakening.

16. Queso macrumors G4

The truly scary thing about Bush is that he has two younger brothers.

SIXTEEN MORE YEARS!!! SIXTEEN MORE YEARS!!!

Told you it was scary ;)

17. MACDRIVE macrumors 68000

MACDRIVE

I don't get it ... now that we have a Bush bashing thread, people are talking about American cheese and puppies. :confused:

18. njmac macrumors 68000

njmac

:eek:

19. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

The country couldn't possibly survive 16 more years of Bush presidencies. That would accomplish what Khrushchev and bin Laden couldn't: finishing off the United States.

20. MACDRIVE macrumors 68000

MACDRIVE

I really can't see this country surviving another 2 years, let alone 16. :cool:

21. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

It ain't just the hard core lefties. ;)

And if I bash, then someone says I'm bashing even if I have a valid point, basing their point on nothing, then I reply with a well thought out post with a ton of verifiable facts and opinions based on said facts, and then I don't get a response... it's ok because that just means I win! :D

22. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

Pure sarcasm

Gas prices are up higher than ever!!!!! ... Uh... down I mean. Gas prices are down 60 cents in a month!!! I BLAME BUSH!! IT'S BUSH'S FAULT! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

23. Queso macrumors G4

And a bit of cynicism from me

Of course gas prices are down. Don't you know there's an election coming?

24. beatsme macrumors 65816

beatsme

3 actually...Neil, Marvin, and Jeb

Neil's been tainted with the Silverado S&L bailout, which would seem to hurt his chances of running for public office. He's also admitted to having had some rather dubious sexual encounters in Thailand & Hong Kong...

Jeb worries me, though he at least doesn't seem like a complete f**king idiot.

Marvin I know nothing about. But who'd vote for a guy named Marvin?

25. Kingsly macrumors 68040

Kingsly

So let me get this straight.
    Bush gives tax breaks to large corporations.
    Said corporations go bankrupt due to poor management, planning (look at GM).
    The economy slows due to loss of large corporations.
    Its somehow Bush's fault.

:confused:

Im not denying that the economy is/could become weak. In fact I just wrote a 5pg report on it. Blaming Bush for the economy though... that doesn't even make sense.