The unOfficial™ Lead-Up to MWSF '06 Thread :)

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Lacero, Dec 27, 2005.

1. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

So, anyone else itching in their pants waiting for what Steve and Apple has in store for MWSF?

Anticipation is a bitch™!

I'll likely get a new whatever iPod gets announced, most likely the new iPod shuffle. I'm looking to get another shuffle, so that's like the biggest thing I'm looking forward to. New Intel laptops would be nice, but I don't really care for one, so if one does not get introduced, I won't be crying in the forums.

EDIT: On the eve of the Keynote, this thread is closely related to these threads, should anyone bother to read this in the future.

Macworld San Francisco 2006 Rumor Roundup
    Exclusive: Apple Plasma Displays to Rock MWSF (PowerPage.org)

Here's to the Crazy Ones [​IMG]

2. TheMonarch macrumors 65816

TheMonarch

I'm itching for a video-capable AirPort Express & optional RF remote :cool:

3. Deepdale macrumors 68000

Deepdale

Since my choices will be firsts (laptop and iPod), I am eagerly anticipating the new introductions. As far as non-Apple products are concerned, a new laser printer is also on the upcoming shopping list.

4. After G macrumors 68000

After G

I just like to hear that Apple is doing well. That's enough for me.

An Intel notebook would be nice, planning on getting it as soon as they come up with one.

5. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I want Intel Powerbooks. I don't understand why the rumours suggest that the iBook is the most likely candidate to get the Intel chips first. Just get them in those Powerbooks.

What I also want is to know that they're gonna keep the 12" Powerbook in the lineup. If they're going to just discontinue it, at least give us a 13" widescreen PB to replace it, and possibly an 11" as well.

6. BornAgainMac macrumors 603

BornAgainMac

I like that first 10 minutes as Steve mentions the updates. Such as the number of Macs sold per second or how many MacWorlds of customers go in the Apple stores a week. Probably the next one will be how the iTunes store compares to normal music stores in sales.

I am glad the quality of the presentation is so clear and the resolution is really good lately due to H.264 technology. If only they would sell it for $2 bucks or allow free downloads.

7. .:*Robot Boy*:. macrumors 6502

Whatever happened to that 'Asteroid' breakout-box rumour? I'd be interested to see how an audio interface that has been 'Designed in California' would differ from other offerings.

8. mduser63 macrumors 68040

mduser63

I'm planning to buy a 5G iPod today, so I hope they don't update those. 3 months seems way to short between updates though, so I doubt the regular iPod will be updated. I'd be very surprised if the shuffle wasn't updated though, as it's seen nothing more than a price drop in a year of being out.

I hope the Mac mini goes Intel and gets a DVR and Frontrow (2.0?) added to it. ThinkSecret predicted that both will happen. If it either happens, I'll be buying one as soon as they come in stock at the Apple Store.

9. joepunk macrumors 68030

joepunk

10. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

11. miloblithe macrumors 68020

miloblithe

Updated mini is what I'm most interested in. And I'm interested in iLife and iWork having interesting new features, although the derth of rumors on that front (other than "numbers") isn't too inspiring.

12. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

Hardware always hogs the spotlight - I'd be very surprised if there weren't a bunch of updated software announcements at MWSF.

13. EGT macrumors 68000

EGT

Something Intel to wet the appetite. I don't think i'll be buying a new computer anytime soon, but i'd like to see some official progress instead of drips and drabs from the internet.

I'm sure Steve has a few surprises up his sleeve.

14. Tilmitt macrumors member

PowerBook G5! I'd just love that...and then Steve comes out and says the whole x86 switch thing was a sick joke and shame on everyone for turning their backs on idealism and.....ok so that won't happen the world isn't that cool. A boy can dream....

15. mjstew33 macrumors 601

mjstew33

I am! I can't wait! Unfortuanetly, I'll be in school, if not taking finals and I'll be able to know everything when I come home. Boy, is that going to be a long school day. :eek:

16. mjstew33 macrumors 601

mjstew33

I hope they don't get a Airport Express w/ Video because I just got one :eek:

17. alexstein macrumors 6502a

alexstein

I'm itching as well even though I'm not going to buy new hardware any time soon. But I'm more than interested in the yearend review and the new roadmap for 2006 and of course the new iBooks and Mac minis (if the two later will get released). Can't wait I'm pretty sure it will be interesting.

18. runninmac macrumors 65816

runninmac

Am I the only one here who really hopes the iBooks will have built in iSight? I think that would be sweet, I just dont think there is enought space. But we can see what Steve can pull off:)

19. condor macrumors member

I'm waiting for the Mini DVR and/or Airport Express with Video. My living room setup needs an upgrade!

20. applekid macrumors 68020

Completely with you on that! It seems the rumors these days are very cautious, slow, and uncertain. Just look at the Intel rumors: Low buzz, people were in denial, but it happened. I load MacRumors at least 5 times a day, and nothing new appears. Disappointing!

Update the Mac Mini! I don't care if it's Intel or not. Just a better GPU (Core Image and Video capable) and faster CPU (although only an Intel could provide for that now). I'm leaning towards getting a refurbed G5 if the Mac Mini improvements are lackluster. Any machine with a DVI port is a good purchase for me. Sitting on a Samsung LCD from Black Friday, but no computer to hook it up to!

Front Row in iLife, as a separate package, or included with future Macs would be a nice addition. A AirPort for video would be cool as long as Apple has a simple, well-thought out way of getting media on my Mac to the TV.

21. narco macrumors 65816

narco

I love to see an Airport Express with video support -- I just hope that it is quickly hacked so that it'll work on anything played in VLC.

I would also like to see them put more emphasis on home media with the Mac mini. I would really love to have a Mac mini in my home theatre, I'm just waiting for the right one.

My 2.0GHZ G5 will do for at least a couple more years, so I'm not interested in Powermacs yet, but I do want a laptop -- preferably a Powerbook. I know this is totally stretching it, but I would also like one to be 10" and ultra-portable.

I'm sure Steve will unveil a bunch of other stuff that I don't know I want yet, so we'll just have to wait and see! I plan on being at MWSF, so hopefully I'll see some others there too!

Fishes,
    narco.

22. maya macrumors 68040

maya

Waiting for an 2GB iPod Shuffle with an OLED. That is pretty much it. Could care less for any other hardware or software releases at present. :)

If there is no Shuffle release, I am going to be very very......

23. brepublican macrumors 6502a

brepublican

Get Pro and you can download the address once it becomes available (Quick Time Pro that is)

24. brepublican macrumors 6502a

brepublican

And oh, I'm itching. Just not in my pants.

25. bigandy macrumors G3

bigandy

hahahahaha, brilliant.