The Unofficial Apple Commercial Idea Thread

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Apple!Freak, Jul 29, 2005.

1. Apple!Freak macrumors 6502a

Apple!Freak

All right guys, pretend Steve Jobs was looking at this very thread right this very minute. What kind of commercial ideas would you propose to him. Let's get the creative juices flowing.

2. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

yo, Steve. Make some commercials, man.

I'll be in a switch ad, if ya want.
    I'd be awesome.

Those Switch ads were really cool, with Yo-Yo Ma and other people.

Well.. Steve, I think you should have little teasers of what OS X can do.
    Just show some of the stuff on-screen, then have the address of the nearest apple store at the end.
    That'd be awesome.

Like show dashboard, photoshop, exposé, iChat with iSight, etc, etc, without saying anything or being too intrusive with info, then a big apple logo at the end with the nearest store location and the main apple website.
    ANYTHING OTHER THAN THOSE SILHOUETTE ADS!

3. Xtremehkr macrumors 68000

Xtremehkr

Style, advertise the stylish aspects of Apples. My friends are always taken back by how "cool" my iMac is. Whenever they wander by the office, it is the first thing that catches their attention, they just can't get over how big the screen is, and that it is the entire computer. And that is just an iMac.

I am often surprised that they have not heard or seen an Apple before, I think of it as being old news. The number of people who are interested in how something looks before they know how well it performs though is amazing.

Building on that, I would advertise how cool it would look in your home by showing examples of it in action. Or just how it adds quality. Include a perfect TV family who are just happy beyond words and you have what seems to work in the advertising world.

4. Apple!Freak thread starter macrumors 6502a

Apple!Freak

5. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

apple finally needs to develop an Enterprise division, and they need to promote that. That means CIO-oriented commercials on CNN and ads in the WSJ. If whole companies make the switch (and many are!) it'll trickle into employee's homes. No better way to switch someone than put them in front of an OS X box for 8 hours a day... who would want to go back to manfunctioning windows?

so i guess, a series of Switch-type ads with CIOs and senior IT staff, talking about why they made the jump, how things are better now, and how the migration wasn't as bad as they feared.

6. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

how 'bout this:
    air the dave chappelle switch ad! he already made it, just buy some air time :D