1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

The update that never could!

Discussion in 'OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)' started by helios16v, Feb 20, 2012.

1. helios16v, Feb 20, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2012

macrumors regular

I checked for updates and wouldn't you know it, there's an update for 10.8, I tried to update and the top update button doesn't work and when I click the bottom update button, everything appears to be going well, loading bars and everything, even two restarts but then it turns back on and we're right back at this update screen.. Any idea why it won't install? Possible Bug? How does one report to Apple when one is found?

2. macrumors regular

MonkeyBrainz

That update isn't for 10.8.

3. helios16v, Feb 21, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2012

macrumors regular

But it shows the Mountain Lion logo for the update?

[​IMG]

4. macrumors 601

It also says firmware It's an old update that isn't part of ML but was released for Lion. It's a bug and should not be there and won't get installed. It shows up there because all firmware updates are classified as system updates.

But as it has pointed out - this is not something that actually installs since it's actually for 10.7 and erroneously listed

5. macrumors regular

OH ok that makes sense! I'll just add this to my metal bug list of things I've found in Mountain Lion. Thanks :D

6. macrumors 6502a

David085

Thanks for the info I was wondering why it won't update

7. macrumors regular

MonkeyBrainz

It's also good to know what the firmware is before installing it. Never blindly install firmware as it can cause massive bad joo joo in some cases.

8. macrumors regular

How exactly does one find out more details about the update? Or any future update for that matter?

9. macrumors 601

Apple usually posts KB articles about updates - you just need to know where to find them.

10. macrumors 65816

Simplicated

Sigh. It's called Developer Preview for a reason.

11. macrumors 601

Mr. Retrofire