The Verdict on Keyboard Marks?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Demon Hunter, Mar 23, 2005.

1. Demon Hunter macrumors 68020

Okay, so I've used these products from Radtech before, they give the screen a lot more clearance from the keyboard: "Wildeepz".

They seemed to do the job but they're kind of pricey and although they "blend in" with the aluminum I still would prefer them not being there!

Is anyone having the key mark issues or is this pretty much gone with Rev. D?

2. jim. macrumors 6502

I have no keyboard mark issues with my Rev A 15". My wife does with her iBook, and I think one of my coworkers does with their 12" Rev. B PB. Is there really an issue with the 15 and 17? I thought most of those issues were fixed in the TiBook line.

Jim

3. belf8st macrumors member

I haven't had the keyboard marks issue with my revC, but did have the marks on my revB powerbook.

4. blackpeter macrumors 6502a

No keyboard marks with my 17" PB and now my 15" PB. I believe this was an issue with the TiBooks and the iBook G3, but I have yet to see it with the AlBooks.

Keep in mind that routine cleaning is necessary with any computer, especially notebooks. I find that if I use a little iKlear every 2-3 weeks, my PowerBook display looks out-of-the-box clean.

5. 7on macrumors 601

7on

yeah, I figured it was more of a Tibook issue (Titanium flexes more than Aluminum thus picking up the tibook causes the screen to bend coming into contact with the keyboard).

6. mcgarry macrumors 6502a

mcgarry

I have no keyboard marking issues on my 12" rev. C, and I don't especially pay attention to which side I grip it from when it's closed; it gets carried in a sleeve in a bag with other things like books, often quite full and pressing on it, etc. Still no problems yet.

I remember hearing somewhere that after rev. __, Apple changed the positioning of the little gray rubber/plastic feet around the screen to address this issue ... but I don't know.

7. Ryan1524 macrumors 65816

Ryan1524

i was given some small wildeepz from a guy who has a 17" PB. i double them up (otherwise they don't even touch my screen - cause the small ones were meant for TiBooks) and even with that, there are still some keyboard patterns on my Screensavrz after the screen is pressed onto the KB so much. so now i try to use that piece of cloth as often as i can. it's still very useful in keeping the keys from destroying your screen. :)

8. crdean1 macrumors 6502a

crdean1

I also use screensavrz from radtech and so far have not had any problems or markings, but I have only had my pb for about a month. I carry it to school twice a week in a sleeve with other books.

9. Bern macrumors 68000

Bern

I bought a piece of felt from my local craft shop, stuck a white Apple sticker in the middle of it and use that.

Cost me three bucks, but I'm willing to patent it and sell it for far more ;)

10. Ambrose Chapel macrumors 65816

Ambrose Chapel

i had the marks on my TiBook, used iKlear to get rid of them, then used a sheet of paper to cover the keyboard & trackpad. haven't had the marks since.