The waiting game . . .

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Kirk, May 1, 2004.

1. Kirk macrumors regular

Kirk

Just a stupid question as I wait for my new eMac . . .

I ordered the eMac from the Apple online store (Norway) a week ago, and the order status says "Open". What does that mean? Will the status remain "Open" until it is shipped or is there some other steps which is will go through before they actually ship it. The only BTO is 1 gig of RAM.

The estimated build time is 2-3 weeks. :(

2. idkew macrumors 68020

idkew

where the concrete to dirt ratio is better
    cancel your order. go with the stock ram. it will ship quickly.

while you are doing that, goto www.crucial.com and order the extra ram there. it will be much less expensive from them. never buy ram from apple.

Link directly to eMac page

sell your extra 256mb chip on eBay or through MacRumors.

3. gekko513 macrumors 603

gekko513

If you do cancel your order, don't order RAM from crucial if you're in Norway. Order from komplett.no or psdata.no. Use crucial.com to find the right type of RAM then order the same type from one of the norwegian stores.

The build times I get from the norwegian apple store are:
    regular eMac 1-3 days
    superdrive eMac 6-8 days
    superdrive eMac 1GB RAM 2-3 weeks

That's a very large difference. Maybe it's just a worst case thing and it'll ship in less than a week anyway.

I'm not really sure what 'open' means. It sounds like it hasn't been reviewed yet.

4. Kirk thread starter macrumors regular

Kirk

Well now it says "Shipped"!

It was supposed to ship at the 17th but it shipped today, so sometime next week my new eMac should arrive!

Not a big deal for you G5 owners out there, but I am going from a 400 Mhz CRT iMac with 192 MB RAM to a 1.250 Ghz eMac with 1 Gb of RAM so I am pretty excited . . . :D

5. gekko513 macrumors 603

gekko513

Gratulerer med den nye Mac'en din! Du skal kunne følge leveransen på TNT sine hjemmesider, men noen ganger har jeg hatt problemer med å finne det riktige følgenummeret. Jeg kunne i hvert fall gjøre det på mine to forrige kjøp hos Apple. (Summary in English: Congratulations :D )

6. Kirk thread starter macrumors regular

Kirk

Thank you! :D