The waiting is killing me

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Butler Trumpet, Jul 6, 2004.

1. Butler Trumpet macrumors 6502

Butler Trumpet

So I ordered a 14 inch iBook.... 1Ghz 512 memory, 40 gig HD Airport Extreme... and it is supposed to be here thursday... I cant wait! I sure wish it would get here faster. I have been tracking it on FedEx and it says that it departed from Sacramento CA on the 2nd (last friday) but other than that I have no idea where it is... I sure wish they would update that... I want it now!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

2. aphexist macrumors member

Yeah. I ordered a Dual 2.0 G5 CTO on the 13th, and the estimated shipping date was 7/5. I was greeted with an email this morning letting me know that the ETA was now 7/27. I'm a little curious how their estimation was three weeks off the mark the first time. A little annoying...

I suppose this gives me a chance to make some changes in the configuration, since I am so used to waiting already.

3. netytan macrumors 6502

netytan

Share the pain brothers ;). I ordered my 12" Ibook with BlueTouth, 60GB HD on the 9th June and there have been so many problems with bank payments and and shipping that it still hasn't got here lol.

Though it, should finally be here some time on monday all being well, after being delayed yet again due to part of my order being out of stock (a crumpler bag). Seriously, this has not being easy!

But when i look at that little Apple, it somehow all feels worth it... not ;). I would really like this to just be over with already so i can finally get hold of the little notebook who ate a hole in my bank account :D.

Good luck guys,

Mark.

4. Tremaine macrumors member

Interesting, I ordered the 2.0dual with 9600 card on 6/28 and it says order will be shipped on or before 7/8. No email yet. Maybe its on its way... I wonder if your config has something to do with it...

5. aphexist macrumors member

I have a 9800 and a Bluetooth module added. I think the 9800 has been out for a while, so I don't know if that could be the holdup.

6. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

The best policy with Apple is to relax. Patience is a virtue. It would seem that if all your configuration items are in stock there shouldn't be a holdup.

7. Tremaine macrumors member

Just got the email from Apple. Old ship date for Dual 2.0 w/9600 was today, 7/8. Now its 7/23. Two more weeks! I guess it doesn't matter too much as I still have to wait for the 20" monitor. I suppose my order will arrive before September, though...

8. aphexist macrumors member

Update from my end: One day after Apple told me it would be three more weeks they sent me a shipment notification. My G5 is arriving today via FedEx 2-Day.

Lesson Learned. Apple Shipment Estimations are worthless.

9. itsumo macrumors member

They estimated my shipping date as the 14th. Then they shipped it on the 6th. According to the tracking system it was picked up but hasn't gone anywhere, and it certainly hasn't arrived. It could be the end of next week allowing "3-7 business days" for delivery.

So now I've gone from being pleased that they shipped it early to frustrated that it hasn't actually arrived! We humans are a fickle bunch.

edit:removes typo:/edit

10. hvfsl macrumors 68000

hvfsl

I know the pain too. But it was very good when I got my PowerBook G4 a few weeks ago. I only found out on the thursday that I would be getting one (my insurance paid for it because my old PowerBook G3 got damaged). Then the next day at 9am, it arrived. :)

11. U2Rules! macrumors member

My Powerbook is due to arrive today!! I can't believe how excited I am. I called in sick to work, just so I can sit and wait for it. On a side note....I bought a 12 in. PB and would like to hook it up to my moniter. How do I go about doing this?

12. TDM21 macrumors 6502a

TDM21

It very easy. My 12" PB came with mindvi to dvi and minidvi to vga adapters. SO, just plug it in, make the settings how you want them and your set.