The War on Christmas has begun - Sarah Palin vs Bo the Dog

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by yg17, Dec 22, 2011.

1. macrumors G5

yg17

And just when you thought Sarah Palin went back to her igloo in the tundra....

Fox and Sarah Palin Freak Over White House Christmas Card

[​IMG]

Obviously, the problem here is that Bo is laying on a Muslim prayer rug and facing Mecca.

And now here's the Fox Christmas card. It's accurate, because everyone knows that the first thing baby Jesus did was dress up as a Fox and roast a peacock.
    [​IMG]

2. macrumors Penryn

rdowns

It just amazes me that they have no platform other than disagreeing with everything Obama does. Pretty sad.

Personally, I am offended by this Fox News Christmas card. Why do they mock baby Jesus' birthday?

[​IMG]

3. macrumors 68040

Moyank24

^^^^

The sheep in this card are very apropos.

4. macrumors 601

Schtumple

Exactly, I'm amazed this isn't scandalous, nice to know what the company thinks of their viewers, almost as if they know their viewers are morons...

(This is my opinion and not a personal attack, if you watch Fox, good for you, I don't care.)

5. macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Looks like Obama's dog is the only one who believes in Jesus anymore. Or maybe he's mourning Kim Jong il?

Otherwise thanks for the links to motherjones.com and dailykos.com, I see they get just as much pleasure out of the "war on christmas" as Para Sailin does.

6. macrumors G5

leekohler

Sarah Palin just needs to go away. The woman is an idiot, and a mockery of a human being.

7. macrumors 6502

Isn't it clear? The Obamas are on a 2-million dollar Christmas vacation and forgot "Kevin" the dog at home and now he's defending the White House from Republican burglars.

Considering the outrage-sensitivity of Sarah & Co. I'd be more alert on the Christmas card motifs Fox seems to be focused on... not very family friendly this year.

8. Ugg
    macrumors 68000

Ugg

I was stunned by the sheep! That is probably the most telling comment on Ailes and the Murdoch family that anyone could make. I really can't believe it.

9. macrumors 68000

hulugu

She's just drumming up ratings, so to speak. The women cannot be out of the headlines for long because like the Kardashians she's famous for being famous.

If Obama had the words Faith, Family, Freedom on the White House Christmas card, she would complain that it didn't have a cross or Jesus. If the image had every possible Christian and pre-Christian symbol on it, she would argue that the Secret Muslim was merely pandering. Or say something inane about blood libel.

It's an inherently dishonest critique, just like the complaints about Obama's use of the teleprompter, his golfing, and his vacation habits.

The sooner people stop paying attention to Palin, the sooner she can be a minor and laughable figure on the Republican celebrity circuit. The sooner she's a Dan Quayle, the better.

10. macrumors 603

mobilehaathi

Fake scandal plus fake outrage equals $$$.

Cheers to manufactured news to get everyone's blood boiling! Can't I just go back to being scared sh**less?

11. macrumors 6502a

kavika411

^^^^^

"It's odd" = "FREAK OUT"

12. macrumors Penryn

rdowns

If Obama had any balls, he would have put a Muslim Crescent on the card. :D

13. macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Yes, but he doesn't does he... :D

14. macrumors 68000

hulugu

Or just reprinted a New Yorker cover:

[​IMG]

15. macrumors 68000

Sydde

Sorry to disappoint, but

"It's not too late for folks to jump in," Palin said during an interview on the Fox Business Network, according to advance excerpts. "Who knows what will happen in the future."​

some people think they can be the cavalry-to-the-rescue just when the Republican field looks to be falling apart.

16. macrumors 68000

mcrain

Wow, nevermind. That's even offensive to me. Yikes.

17. macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

White House staff: "Let's see. This year we'd like to create a Christmas card that shows where it came from -- the White House -- and conveys a festive spirit, yet adheres to Christmas traditions. The gold carpeting, cream-colored walls, books and lit fireplace deliver a reassuring sense of comfort that people really appreciate, and for the Christmas spirit we have the fireplace wrapped with beautiful greenery and holiday ribbons. Oh, and in the foreground, we'll set some beautifully wrapped presents on the table. For the crowning touch, we'll get Bo resting before the fireplace, enjoying its warmth. A peaceful, charming setting."

[​IMG]

^ Sarah Palin: "I don't like it. It doesn't have baby Jesus in it."

:rolleyes:

18. macrumors 68000

mcrain

Actually, baby Jesus wasn't born until Christmas night, so he's still in the box.

19. macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

So what we really want is a poor, young pregnant woman before the fireplace, instead of Bo. ;)

20. macrumors 6502a

kavika411

Strange. Although I read the article, I missed where Palin said this. I mean, I saw where she went all *******e psycho and had.the.gall to use the "o" word - "odd" - but I missed this particular quote.

I'll got back to the Mother Jones article and look again.

21. macrumors 603

thekev

I've never understood how anyone could like her. It's not just that she's an obvious puppet, but she's entirely unlikable as well.

That would have made me laugh. I always thought it was pathetic that the strategy of trying to diminish his credibility was calling him a muslim, but would that really be any worse than the Fox News card?

22. macrumors 68000

hulugu

I think there was some hyperbole.

Maybe a tag would help.

Looking at this Business Insider article (which has a hilarious image at the end) most of the White House Christmas cards give the vague impression of Christmas without actually using any of the Christian symbols of the holiday.

One from 2005 shows two dogs sitting in the snow, another from the Bush administration just shows a piano.

This tells us something important about Palin. She didn't research the Christmas cards over the years, she isn't reacting to some shift in the artwork or style of the card, she's just taking the opportunity to bash President Obama because that's her schtick.

And, aside from our chortling here about the fifth Kardashian, why does this woman get air time?
    Ratings and link bait.

23. macrumors 604

gkarris

Really?

My Christmas card highlights aircraft... :eek:

http://www.holidaycardcenter.org/aopa

[​IMG]

So much for American "Foundational Values" for me... ;)

Happy Holidays to all...

:D

24. macrumors 6502a

kavika411

With this, I completely agree. Palin is (1) an idiot, and (2) a one-trick pony with her Obama bashing.

Yep. Plays very well, especially to a PRSI-type crowd. To use your phrase, whatever "air time" she got on the Fox News interview is nothing compared to the amount of "air time" the Mother Jones article will enjoy, especially through outlets like the PRSI.

As Spock said on the Monorail Simpsons episode, "The cosmic ballet goes on."

25. macrumors G4

Lord Blackadder

I think discussing this woman has become totally counterproductive.