The week where things just aren't the same...

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by miTunes75, Oct 21, 2006.

1. miTunes75 macrumors 6502

This last week has been irritating for me.

#1) My surround sound has issues. I noticed the other day that after my one year-old son pulled out the power wire in the back of the sub that there are TOYS inside the sub. You've GOT to be kidding me, right? So, I opened it up and took about 3 handfulls of toys out. I have a unit that is an all-in-one, type thing. The amp is in the subwoofer itself. The dvd player is a seperate unit that is dependant on the subwoofer. It has no audio out - it's all in the connection between the sub and player. Well, once it gets to a certain volume level where the amp needs to force more power for a loud sound in a movie or something, it shuts down. *sigh* I LOVE the sound that came out of my system. It rocked the house. *sigh again*

#2) My two year old decided to put a penny into the front slot of my mac mini. As I tried to get the penny out with tweasers, it slipped in all the way. My wife actually flipped it over where the slot was facing down, slipped the tweasers in the front loader and was able to get the penny out. Let's just say for the 1st ten minutes, I was furious!

#3) My 1 year old son decides to play around with the little flip door in front of the tv that has some a/v jacks, buttons for settings and stuff, breaks the plastic door off. Now the buttons are all exposed for him to play with - jack the picture, sound, settings all up. *sigh*

So, now, when my wife and I want to watch a movie, it has to be done on the mac mini in the bedroom. On a 17" CRT monitor :eek: No surround sound :eek: :eek:

It's not like I'm a big movie buff anyway. The only ones I buy are the ones that the kids like, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Adam Sandlers, X-Men series, Batman series, Matrix Series. I don't buy very many, but it's the point of the whole thing.

I have told my wife that I came to the conclusion that I just can't have anything nice until the kids are out of the house. (17 years to go) :mad:

I am going to run to best buy today and purchase a cheapy dvd player, just to get us through till I can get my surround sound repaired (maybe).

2. bartelby macrumors Core

You buy films rated for 15 year olds for your 1 and 2 year old?:rolleyes:

3. miTunes75 thread starter macrumors 6502

no, no, no. I buy disney stuff for the kids - the other movies are for me.

4. MrSmith macrumors 68040

MrSmith

This equipment within reach of a 1- and 2-year old?

So tell me again - which part of this is a surprise to you?

Sympathies, notwithstanding. :(

5. bartelby macrumors Core

Ah, sorry.
    It's just the way the sentance reads.:eek:

6. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

I've got the solution.

It's probably big enough for the both of them now but as they grow up you might need to buy a second one.

[​IMG]

7. MrSmith macrumors 68040

MrSmith

8. miTunes75 thread starter macrumors 6502

Should I place the subwoofer on top of the entertainment center or something? Where else would I place one?

9. MrSmith macrumors 68040

MrSmith

Not meaning to be facetious, but anywhere out of reach of the toddlers. I've had three toddlers and, believe me, any such wants went out the window a long time ago. Until the children grow up, at least. It's something you just have to accept. Otherwise you're just asking for trouble. You put the vases and other delicate ornaments out of their reach, didn't you? Same thing.

10. miTunes75 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah....

I am going to get the ghetto dvd player today and have it connected to the tv speakers (yippie).

I need to figure out something about the mac mini.

TV - It's just going to have to look busted.

Such is life. heh.

11. MrSmith macrumors 68040

MrSmith

But the little angels more than make up for it, don't they? ;)

12. miTunes75 thread starter macrumors 6502

ummmm.....

hmmmmmmmm

OK, yeah sure ;)

13. Hummer macrumors 65816

Hummer

I remember doing that when I was little to every TV in my house. :p

14. MrSmith macrumors 68040

MrSmith

Yeah, you're right. Wait till the youngest is three. ;)