The weirdest dream

Discussion in 'Community' started by G4scott, Aug 10, 2002.

1. G4scott macrumors 68020

G4scott

I had the weirdest dream last night, and amazingly, I can remember some of it...

It was a TV commercial for some audio product with 2gb of RAM, and a PowerPC processor. It was quite impressive, but the weirdest thing about it, was that the commercial said something like "The G5 isn't for Apple"... I can't remember it all, but it was really weird, and I'm not kidding...

2. King Cobra macrumors 603

Scott, what does the G5 mean to you? Do you remember how fast the processor was, what TV show this was on? Who did the voice sound like? What did the product look like?

I wouldn't assume dreams people tell are false, because I think dreams are important for experimenting with the imagination. If you had no imagination, you would have lied about the dream, and you wouldn't have thought up your avatar. :)

3. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

I tend not to remember my dreams...only when there is something very significant either going on or about to take place is when I'll remember what I dream...

question...

if u take No-Doze & NyQuil...do u have a dream u can't sleep?? :D ;)

4. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Well, that's certainly interesting that you're dreaming about G5s. That was never high on my list.

I have maybe 25 percent of my dreams come true and it's usually not really good.

On the other hand, I have these "experiences" such as the one where I was apparently outside in a Physics class describing, in detail, my theory on self-propagating elecrtomagnetic propulsion.

Since I've never taken a physics class...:eek:

5. vniow macrumors G4

I don't have Mac or science dreams, but I did have one with Scully from the X-files talking about the A creature, then it switched to this old abandoned building where this hobo guy was gathering stuff off the ground to put into his pipe to smoke it. He then ran and it looked like one of those bad horror movies where the camera guy is running after the actor and it's shaking from side to side, but anywayz, he turned a corner and the view turned around and there was the A creature, a weasel puppet with glowing red eyes...

I'm still trying to figure that one out.

6. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

I used to dream about my TiBook during the 7 weeks I waited for it to ship... ;)

7. G4scott thread starter macrumors 68020

G4scott

I think the only reason I had this dream was because of some medicine I took before going to bed... I took the stuff for 2 nights, and I had weird dreams both those nights...

Anyways, the device looked somewhat like 2 car amplifiers put together with controls and ports on it, to make a +, and it's height was bigger than the length or width... The weirdest thing was that it opened up, and I could see a PowerPC chip, and they were talking about its features and stuff... It's hard to remember now, but I did dream it all...

8. mymemory macrumors 68020

mymemory

Well, lats night I was dreaming I was doing it with 5 Girls and my "creature" was about 6 feets long, it was good:cool:

9. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

I usually remember my dreams but they never make much sense. I think you may be visiting this site just a little too much if you're dreaming about G5s ;)

10. awrc macrumors regular

Dreams I rarely remember, unless they were particularly hot :) Then I get to spend the next day trying to analyze who my mind had used to produce the composite woman (or women) involved, since they're never real people.

Nightmares I rarely forget, they're down to maybe weekly frequency now, and they always feature my first wife and/or my divorce.

I didn't actually dream about it at all (that I ran remember) in the immediate months after it happened, the level of sedation I needed to actually sleep tended to put me so deeply under, but after switching to lighter sleep medication I was averaging a nightmare every second night for quite a while. At least nightmares where you just relive unpleasant events from reality are easier to forget about than ones featuring carniverous vegetables and so forth.

Prescription medication and dreams - now there's an interesting combination. I've had to take something or other to sleep since the divorce (five years ago). Unfortunately the ones that produce the most vivid and interesting dreams are the ones you only get to take for short periods, to avoid addiction.

Oh, and to date I know of one flying dream, one dream in which I died, and one lucid dream (where I was aware I was dreaming and was thus able to manipulate events). All when I was much, much younger, alas.