THE weirdest Jaguar problem to date!!!

Discussion in 'Community' started by jrbohorquezg, Aug 23, 2002.

1. jrbohorquezg macrumors member

Guys, listen to this:

I received my new DP PM two days ago. Yesterday, I tried installing Real Player, and everytime I tried to use it, the program would not load. I posted a message in the help section of macrumors, and everyone that replied said that they didn't have any problems.

Naturally I was puzzled.

Today, I solved the problem:

My name is José (with an accent on the e), and I had name my Hard Disk José's Hard Disk. The program woul not load because of that!!! Can you believe it? I just chaged the name of the HD back to Mac HD and everything worked fine.

That's weird, huh? :D

2. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

first it takes them 10 years to get an osx beta out and then this... blah!

3. firewire2001 macrumors 6502a

Re: THE weirdest Jaguar problem to date!!!

dang.. thats pretty weird..

thats funny, cause my had has japanese characters in it.. and it works fine..

-f

4. King Cobra macrumors 603

Some of the wierdest issues are solved by overlooked simple solutions. You just have to look at the basics, and you'll find your mistake.

However, since my name is a shortcut for a Russian name, I'll remember this when I load Realpayer again. :p

5. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

Another annoying thing about real player is the dudes voice who says 'welcocme to real player' and guides you through after you install it. I just thought I would let y'all know that :D.

6. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

That's pretty incredible. For years, I had my hard drive named something Japanese. I think I'll try that and see what doesn't work. :D